Saturday, November 23, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


Mighty Joe Young (1949) Ben Johnson, Terry Moore

If you haven't seen this movie, it's available for rent on YouTube.

26 comments:

  1. I was born that year so my parents may have seen this one
    Enjoy your weekend Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love your weight loss ticker-I added one to my blog-fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about this film (as well as the reemake) but I do like them both. It is nice to be reminded of films. I am making my movie list for these dark winter days of retirement. Smile! Have a super Saturday CJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might've seen this a long time ago. Good movie suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you won't be surprised when I say I don't know it! Happ weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would it help to say this was one of Ray Harryhausen's famous stop action animation?

      Delete
  6. This wasn't one I was aware of 'til I had kids. I'm not sure how I missed it growing up; it must've been shown on tv.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember watching this on TV with my brother. I was maybe 7 or 8?

      Delete
  7. Sorry! I don't know this one!!!

    Have a good weekend … it's raining again, in my part of the UK. Wouldn't it be wonderful if I could send it to the many parts of the world that need it...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. i realize how few movies I've seen in the past. Never saw this one before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one of these days when i have to stay inside for days at a time i'll look that up. we are predicted to get a lot over the next week ..ugh...i may be in a lot.

      Delete
  9. I've never heard of this film, CJ. I really MUST start watching TCM and maybe see some of these films that were made before I was born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This film is a classic because of the stop-motion animation created by Ray Harryhausen.

      Delete