Saturday, November 16, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies





This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


Meet Joe Black (1998) Anthony Hopkins, Brad Pitt

If you haven't seen this movie, it's available to rent on YouTube.

This movie was a modern adaptation of:


Death Takes a Holiday (1934) Frederic March, Evelyn Venable

This movie is also available to rent on YouTube.

18 comments:

  1. I remember 'death takes a holiday', but haven't seen Joe Black. Have a wonderful day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Joe Black on TV and enjoyed it, but you can't beat Frederic March. I'd gladly watch either of them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old movies when directors could tell a story and actors could actually act. But both these movies are enjoyable.

      Delete
  3. Here's a switch! I've seen the remake but not the original! LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since Death Takes a Holiday is a really old film, I bet a lot of people have never seen it or made the connection to Meet Joe Black

      Delete
  4. Joe Black - one of my favorite movies, too:) Also love the soundtrack. Thanks to you, we'll watch it again soon.
    Did not know the connection with Death Takes a Holiday. Will take a closer look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe Black is a loosely based modern adaptation.

      Delete
  5. Sorry, CJ. Never heard of either film. I must live under a rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, as a kid, you just didn't spend hours with the electronic babysitter.

      Delete
  6. I liked the 1934 version better, but both are good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the '34 version, but Brad Pitt is so pretty

      Delete
  7. I have not seen this one Hope you a good saturday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry not seen either of these but I have heard of the remake!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't sen either of these but boy is that a young Brad Pitt.

    ReplyDelete