Friday, February 5, 2021

The Friday Five Good Things


 Five good things that happened this week.

1. I had a dream I was at my parents house. At the end of the hallway, I met Charlie (friend of my parents) only I called him Skip. I never used that nickname for him. He was wearing a bright purple plaid tartan kilt. As we walked down the hall to the living room. He stopped and on the wall was a calendar. He told me "she [his wife, Doris] got a job in the grocery store and she gets her lunch" That seemed to be a perk one got for working in this store. As he turned and went into the living room, I was going to ask him about his kilt, but when I got to the living room, Charlie was gone. I woke up with a smile.

2. My SIL texted me she liked the birthday card I sent even if it was belated.

3. We didn't lose electricity during the snowstorm.

4. Magnetic charging cables finally arrived. I ordered them so long ago, I forgot I ordered them. They work great to curb the wire spaghetti

5. I took a long lunch break and watched The Old Maid  (1939) starring Bette Davis

How was your week?

22 comments:

  1. What a strange dream! I like those magnetic cables, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The magnetic cables are great for wrangling the spaghetti

      Delete
  2. My week was fairly quiet but no complaints. And I also took a couple of long lunch breaks and watched a couple of old movies. This is a good time of year for long lunch breaks. Smile. Sounds like you had a good week. Hope your weekend is as nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your subconscious was working overtime on that dream! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was it? or was it a visit from Charlie? Feb. 2 was Imbolc, a quarter festival in the Celtic calendar. At the festivals, the veils between the worlds are thin. 😉

      Delete
  4. Such a vivid dream, glad it made your smile! So lovely to hear that your SIL liked that gorgeous card you made her and those cable tidies look fabulous 😀. Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish more companies would think of putting the magnets on their cords and cables.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for explaining that picture. My mind was going in all directions:)
    YOU have a wondrous weekend.
    Stay safe. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your dream! I've been having very vivid dreams lately! So happy your SIL liked her card! Magnetic charging cables, cool! A great week! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun things always happened when Charlie came to visit my parents. I really wanted to ask him about that kilt! 😺

      Delete
  7. interesting dream - he was wearing a kilt? Sounds like a good week and did it go fast I was shocked today when I realized how quickly Monday came and went and Friday arrived magnetic charging cables..hmm..i'll have to look that up. Nice you didn't lose power.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice dream! All 5 are great!
    I kicked the burning 3000 calories twice this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a bad week, but they do go quickly don't they!

    An interesting dream.
    Pleased you didn't lose electricity during the snowstorm.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love interesting dreams :) Congratulations on not losing power! I'm googling the Bette Davis movie.

    ReplyDelete