Monday, February 22, 2021

Japanese Ledger Book

 

I have these reusable papers from Swipies. They are like a whiteboard, but portable. Done with the list, hold the Swipie under running water and the ink washes away. Only need to change a line? Spritz a cloth with water (cloth and spritz bottle included) and wipe the line away. 

I love these as they have helped me to tame the paper clutter trail I had with all sorts of lists I made. But how to keep the Swipies from being all over the place?


Somewhere in my Internet wanderings I saw a Japanese Ledger or accounting book. The format would be perfect for keeping the Swipies together. The stab bound stitching allowed the book to be hung up.

The book I made measures 4.25 in. x 9 in. The book can be made with a soft or hard cover. For durability, I chose to make a hard cover book so covered two pieces of chipboard with cardstock and added a decorative piece of cardstock for the inside cover. In order for the cover to easily be lifted up, the chipboard was cut and hinged together with tape before the cover paper was glued on.


I have 4 Swipies so used cardstock for the inside pages which were sewn to the covers. Because I wanted to pull the Swipies out when I needed them, I cut a couple of #10 business size envelopes, 3 inches high for pockets. I slipped the envelope pockets over the cardstock pages and decorated the edges with Washi tape


The Swipies easily slip inside the envelope pockets




This is how the stitching looks on the back cover. I used cotton crochet thread. I stitched the book with one piece of thread, and tied the two ends together. For extra pretty, you could use two different thread colors.

29 comments:

  1. I've never seen anything like this. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I'm impressed! I just use Post-It notes...... :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Post-Its and paper lists just left me drowning in paper

      Delete
  3. Great idea, really practical! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO Cool - And Dig Those Garden Post Of Yours

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to have reusable note pages. I have never seen these before, but like you, I have pieces all over and this must help clean up that clutter and also not throw away a list by accident. And I like your Japanese book cover for them. That was a really smart thing to do. Hope you are getting rain. We have snow; it is quite depressing. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had some light snow, but it changed over to rain.

      Delete
  7. You are so clever CJ!!! This is so cool! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing CJ thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Yup, not too big or too small and a perfect fit for the Swipies.

      Delete
  10. This is clever, clever, clever. I love your Japanese bound book. It certainly will keep many items and notes in one place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s worked really well to control the clutter

      Delete