Saturday, February 20, 2021

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

 This idea came from a Facebook meme:

Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order my favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain. 


The Wizard of Oz (1939) Judy Garland, Ray Bolger, Jack Haley, Bert Lahr

My first thought if you haven't seen this movie is you grew up in a cave. Unless you were like my mother and miffed that your beau took another girl to see the movie and wouldn't take you. 

If you haven't seen my favorite, horror movie of all time, you can find it to buy or rent on YouTube.

This is the last movie on my list. Next week, my favorite books.

16 comments:

  1. I hop everyone knows this film. It's a really great one. Have a great Saturday. Sun has decided to come out here. How about in Sutton?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sun's out, no wind so it doesn't feel too bad out.

      Delete
  2. I always enjoyed this movie, I even bought the children's book it was based on a few years ago. Haven't seen this in years though-good choice.
    I look forward to your book shares I have been reading allot this winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the books in ebook form, but haven't read the series.

      Delete
  3. Look at those red shoes! Amazing!

    Happy Weekend Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in OZ. There's a yellow brick road that goes right through Wichita. I own a (yes ONE only) ruby red slipper, and watch the show every time it comes on TV. So glad I can say I've FINALLY seen one of the films you showed. Too bad it had to be the final event, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there were one or two other movies that you saw or at least heard of. So points in your favor.

      Delete
  5. This is your last movie on your list?? We should have some popcorn! LOL! This is a good movie, although I have to say, I agree with you, there are some freaky moments in it! LOL! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have it on disc lol but I haven't seen it in decades.

    So... now what, now that this series is over?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great movie. I never tire of seeing it.

    ReplyDelete