Thursday, February 4, 2021

Garden Card and Envelope

 

The Brother's Wife is one of the most thoughtful people I know. For decades, she's been sending greeting cards for every occasion. She leaves no one out.

I wanted to send her a special birthday card and found this fun garden card at the Brother Canvas Workspace for the Scan n Cut machine.



There were lots of pieces to cut out and I'm glad I didn't have to fussy cut them. I added the belly band to keep the card closed.



The Z card opens up to be displayed. I added the faux calligraphy birthday marquee. This card design would also work well for an anniversary or thinking of you card.



A special card deserves a special envelope. The card measured approx. 5 in. x 7 in. and I didn't have a large enough sheet of paper to make an envelope. I did have booklet envelopes (6 in. x 9 in) in my stash. Because the booklet envelope is considered over-size, it would require extra postage from the USPS. I have an old-fashioned postal scale and the card and envelope weighed in at just over 1.5 oz. so I figured two first-class stamps would be sufficient.

I found a rose panel, steal worthy design from Pushing the Envelope that would complement the Celebration stamp and added some fun lettering with a black and pink Micron Pigma pen. The SIL's favorite color is pink.

All was going well until I didn't get to the post office in time. I had to write on the back This is not late. It just prolongs the celebration. The card arrived during the snowstorm we had earlier this week. SIL said the bright flowers were a welcome sight.

18 comments:

  1. You make the most AMAZING cards! I bet it brightened her day! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just copied this design from the Canvas Workspace site. The only thing I picked out were the color of the papers.

      Delete
  2. We used to make some little cards when the kids were little, but we never graduated to fancy. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only do fancy because of the cutting machine.

      Delete
  3. This is yet another great example why I don't make cards. Simply stunning, CJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stunning comes from the person who designed the card for the Scan n Cut. I only fed paper sheets into the machine and glued the bits together

      Delete
  4. That card is amazing CJ! I love the envelope decoration too and how it coordinates with the stamp. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. CJ; how total lee awesome is this !!!! oh, and my St Francis garden flag still has it's place of honor in my kitchen !! ;) ♥♥☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except now it needs to be called a St. Francis kitchen flag 😺

      Delete
  6. I love this card CJ. It feels like spring in an envelope. I bet your sister-in-law will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loved it since it arrived during the storm. A breath of Spring

      Delete
  7. This is SO Beautiful CJ!!!! I love it! So thoughtful! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoever designed this came up with a very pretty card

      Delete
  8. What a fabulous card, wow! Love everything about it! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a lovely card! Makes me want to start gardening at once! A piece of art. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, such a stunning card! The design and colours look amazing, I'm sure that your brother's wife will love it too 😀. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW.
    Such an amazing card.
    Love the design, love the colours.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete