Saturday, February 13, 2021

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

 This idea came from a Facebook meme:

Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.


Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order my favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain. 


Witness (1985) Harrison Ford, Kelly McGillis

If you haven't seen this movie, you can rent or buy it from YouTube.

19 comments:

  1. This one is a HIT! I just saw this movie on tv about a week ago. It was actually filmed on location in Lancaster County, PA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The filming location is pretty cool. Did you recognize anything?

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, another film that passed me by! Enjoy your weekend, stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognized the Philly Train Station for sure as it was also filmed in parts of Philadelphia. As far as Lancaster County itself, there are sooo many farmlands and fields I most probably drove past them a thousands times lol!

    Filming The film was shot on location in Philadelphia and the city and towns of Intercourse, Lancaster, Strasburg and Parkesburg. Local Amish were willing to work as carpenters and electricians but declined to appear on film, so many of the extras were actually Mennonites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using members of the community as extras is a fun fact.

      Delete
  4. I like this movie. I read Lady Caer M's comment about the filming. That was interesting. I wonder if Kelly McGillis is still active in films. Hope you enjoyed the sun today, sounds like the week ahead is going to be wintery. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erika, one more interesting fact to share with everyone is that Kelly McGillis lived in Mohnton, PA (just a couple of miles from Reading, PA) for a few years until she sold her house. She starred in a Lifetime Network movie, but I do not know what she is doing currently.

      Delete
    2. IMDB doesn't offer much as to what she's doing lately. There was mention of raising her 2 daughters, running a restaurant in FL, and being a professional substance abuse counselor.

      Delete
  5. I Am Normally In Tune With Your Taste But This One Never Made My Radar - No Clue Ford And McGillis Shared The Big Screen - Will Check It Out Someday - Enjoy Your Day Tomorrow

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember this one. I've only seen it once but enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not come across this film ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete