Sunday, February 7, 2021

How Does Your Garden Grow?

 Blogger has decided to tell my story backwards.


The outside temperature was 38 oF. The feels like temperature at first registered 93 oF. My kind of weather! By the time I took the picture the temperature was down to 77 oF. Still okay, though I prefer the 93


My trail through the depths of depression to the bird feeder and the bunny trail.


Path to the oil fill.


Path to the bird feeder in the front yard and some color to make the best of the sadness.


Inside, tiny tomatoes!


Lettuce for the week


The mailbox survived both the town plow and the plow guy that cleared the snow from the driveway.


I'm glad I brought Dedo inside. I was worried he wouldn't survive the plow. I hope the hydrangea bush survives


12.5 inches of snow on the back step. For an average of 12 1/3 inches of cold, fluffy gloom





13.75 inches in the trough garden


Desolation


11.75 inches


The storm cranking up. Snow up to the bottom of the storm door before we went to bed


Snow coming down. The post lantern looks like a lighthouse


Dedo protecting the house all snug and cozy from inside the front porch.


Mama Cardinal with a deep sigh as the sky weeps frozen tears.

How does your garden grow?

24 comments:

  1. That's great that your indoor garden already has tomatoes growing. The desolation photos look bleak. Ugh. And more white stuff today. Double ugh. I'm glad you got the paths shoveled. The woodpecker is the only bird I see regularly, at the suet feed. I'm hoping the cardinals are still around, but I haven't seen them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I got the paths shoveled, too. Hopefully, there won't be a ton more to shovel off them.

      Delete
  2. It is only Feb 7, and I feel like it hasn't stopped snowing long enough for the sun to come out more than an hour or 2. I exaggerate a bit. Grin. It's the shoveling I HATE! Even just cleaning off the back deck. Waste of life. Anyhow, you have those beautiful fresh tomatoes to dream about. Did you eat the pepper yet? Let's keep our fingers crossed that this week's forecast is really really wrong. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, you have my deepest sympathies! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have planned to play at your house for the next couple of months. 😉

      Delete
  4. Yes, and we are getting the first of a couple of more snow storms for this week. It has already begun as it is snowing hard here right now in Reading, PA. Can NOT wait for it all be finally be over. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like we might be in for a week of snow. 😿

      Delete
  5. Dedo does look warm and comfortable :)

    Our garden is wet and soggy at the moment!
    Our temperatures in my part of the UK are hovering between 4 and -4. Some parts of the UK have had snow, but not us yet!

    A bowl of warm soup is so welcome at this time of year.

    Stay safe, well and warm.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend, Tiggy, in Scotland said she had some "sna"

      Delete
  6. Poor little Dedo! So happy you brought him in! Boy, you are getting a lot of snow! We are in a deep freeze right now. I think we will be getting a lot more snow at the end of the week! Stay safe and warm! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like we're in for a snowy week. Snow on Sunday. Snow on Tues, Thurs. and Friday. 😿

      Delete
    2. Lucky you have some nice vegetables inside!

      Delete
  7. well you definitely got hit - a foot or more of snow - not my kind of snow - i like about 3 to 4". Was this the storm from our storm a week ago... wow.
    I feel for you and how nice of the plow driver...
    we've had sunny days for i think five days and at least in my yard there is still a foot or more of snow that hasn't melted ....damn shady side of the mountain... Others are probably swimming in the lake by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A foot of snow for you, too? So my only thought. Is it July, yet?

      Delete
    2. yes still at least a foot but it was up to over 2 feet and berms over 5 feet or more because of how we live uphill as you go around a curve so the plow guy from above brings all that down to our driveway as he goes along. I am yearning for dogwoods blooming.

      Delete
  8. Wow, that's a winter wonderland! The photos look so beautiful, I think mama cardinal is crying tears of joy as someone keep the bird feeder well stocked ...lol 😀. Stay warm and cozy! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not as bad here, but close. Hubby stayed home, car is stuck in snow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad Hubby was able to stay home during bad weather.

      Delete
  10. Wow! They're predicting ice here. I don't believe them lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your temps. dipping on the weather map. Did you get the ice storm?

      Delete