Sunday, February 21, 2021

How Does Your Garden Grow?

 

Inside the hydroponic garden, a ripe tomato ready for picking!


Icy tree fingers


The male cardinal sat in the honeysuckle vine for a couple of hours. Sheltering from the cold or staking a claim on territory? I think the Cardinals have decided to build their first nest of the season in the vine. If they do, this will be the third year they have nested here.


A lull in the storm to push a couple of inches of snow from the walk, in front of the mailbox, and half the driveway, and to salt/sand the walk. The stairs are electrified so I flipped a switch to melt ice and snow off of them.


The Depths of Desolation


A command from the Rolodex art of the day. Make a Wish. I wish it would stop snowing!


A large shadow like an airplane passed by the window. Outside an attempted murder. (A gathering of crows is called a murder)


Day two of clearing the remainder of the snow from the driveway. I pulled the windshield cover off Moose and cleaned the back window and moved Moose into the sun. We're not going anywhere this week and mid-week sun with temps. in the 40s will melt the snow off Moose's roof.


The Alps


The Sea of Sadness


Some bunny this way comes


And here it is warming themselves in the sun. A new bunny I haven't seen before. I've named it Brindle because of its coloring.

How does your garden grow?

22 comments:

  1. Heated steps! Brilliant. I once had a neighbor who lived at the top of a rather steep hill. When he built his house he had them electrify the driveway. We all thought he was frivolous....until it snowed.....or we had an ice storm. Then he was a genius! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heated steps is one of the smartest home improvements we made. The front door is on the north side and never receives sun. After sliding down the steps enough times, Himself though to have them electrified to melt all the ice and snow. Too expensive to do the driveway unless we hit the lottery. But I envy your former neighbor

      Delete
  2. When I saw the walkway, I thought "don't eat yellow snow (grin). So smart to electrify the steps. And I love your avalanche. However, the pink from the grow light makes the tomato foliage look funny. I bet the tomato will taste good, though. Now I'm off to see what else I've missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, some of the foliage is dead. I think due to overcrowding, but gardening inside or out is not my project.

      Delete
  3. I forgot to mention, the first season of the Alienist was very dark. I was enthralled, but Sally, who has a masters in Ed. Psych. hated it after the second week. I actually liked the second season better because Fanning was now a private detective and the focus was more on her than on the two men in her life. However, both seasons of The Alienist are NOTHING like Miss Scarlett and the Duke. For one thing, look at the difference between TNT and PBS. PBS is family oriented. Although there are a few subjects that are for nighttime viewing only (like homosexuality and suicide, subjects that are no longer hidden from view), the PBS show is charming and warm compared to TNT's very different feeling show. I only compared the two because the women are both ahead of their times, while the men were stuck in the late 1890s male oriented mentality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see about giving the Miss Scarlet and the Duke a whirl. Himself liked the Alienist, I just couldn't get into the story.

      Delete
  4. You look like you have about as much winter as we have. That new bunny staying warm is so sweet. You're lucky to have those visitors. And you must be excited for that tomato. Does it smell as sweet as the ones in a veggie garden? Have a great start to the new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t know about the smell, but it tasted so much better than grocery store tomatoes

      Delete
  5. Aww, your new bunny warmed my heart! So cute CJ! Jeese you have a lot of snow!! You know I love it, but I do hope this is it, for all of us! We are getting a rain, snow mixture tomorrow! Love seeing your crows! That is so precious about the cardinals! Your inside garden is so cool! Keep warm! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow, maybe a dusting to a couple of inches, and then it’s all supposed to turn to rain. Temps for the rest of the week are supposed to get into the 40s. Happy Dance

      Delete
  6. It had warmed up. Now back down to 3C, brrr.
    Cute bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love my honeysuckle vine to get old/big enough to attract nesters :) Electric snow and ice clearing sounds like a genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i always enjoy seeing photos of your surroundings - but ....burr... cold...yikes...where's spring. That berm alongside the driveway is a familiar scene to me. But mine has finally pretty much gone away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about all the snow!
    We have the first of the daffodils in bloom, they look great, I should take a photograph!

    I do like the name Brindle, sweet bunny.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do, take photos. Daffs won’t be making an appearance here for a couple of months

      Delete
  10. I loved seeing the tomato, but most of the other photos: Ugh. It looks desolate and cold. :-( The bunny is adorable though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sure my backyard looks like your backyard

      Delete