Thursday, December 1, 2022

First Christmas Card of the Season

 

Robin from Pink House Studio is the blue bird for sending her Christmas cards out before the month of November ended. I haven't even decided what my design will be.

Robin's card features her alter ego, Little Robin and the sentiment:

Ian sucked
life is hard
here's my stinkin'
Christmas card!

Happy Holidays

Hurricane Ian was a category 4 hurricane (winds up to 150 mph) that bowled through the state of Florida at the end of September (as well as Cuba, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, Colombia, Venezuela, Trinidad and Tobago). The storm caused billions of dollars in damage as well as loss of life) The storm went over the area where Robin lives.

I shouldn't have laughed at the sentiment on the card, but I did. I love Robin's dry sense of humor. When things turn pear, you have to find the humor.

Thanks, Robin. You card brightened my mailbox. I'm glad the storm damage wasn't too  catastrophic for you and that you and your family are safe.

20 comments:

  1. Jak miło dostać kartkę w tych czasach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to get mail that's not a bill 😺

      Delete
  2. Glad you laughed! (If we can't laugh we are doomed!) 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. You have to find the funny or go insane

      Delete
  3. I'll bet my card to you will be a close second place...lol I was on the ball this year..lol Robins card is perfect and the best part is she made it herself.. I can't say that for mine. Have a fabulous weekend CJ! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you mentioned the hurricane because I didn't even think along those lines. Funny card-even though I get the hurricane part. Did you get your living room all cleaned yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, just the dining room. I went to play with Teague today, and I'm teaching middle schoolers at the WAM on Fri. So further cleaning/decorating will have to wait for the weekend

      Delete
  5. This is an amazing card CJ ! Absolutelly great sentiment. It´s so sad to heard about the terrible damage of the hurricane, and happy that your friend and her family are safe.
    I wish you a great December, and send big hugs
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too was pleased to read that the storm damage wasn't too catastrophic for Robin and that the family are safe.

    I posted some of our cards today ...

    Happy December wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually have my tip-ins out the door by Dec 1, but this year I'm still working on them. Haven't even come up with a card design yet. But I only send about six cards and I send many tip-ins.

    Thanks for letting is know who Ian is. I knew, but I wonder how many in the international community did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious! Not everything seasonal hasta be sweet ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always look back on holidays with fond nostalgia, and forget that sometimes there is lots of drama

      Delete
  9. It's good she could keep her sense of humor about it.

    ReplyDelete