Saturday, July 29, 2023

The Friday Five Good Things A Day Late

 
Prissy at her 85th birthday 
12. August 2011

Five good things that happened this week.

1. I had a dream about Prissy. Probably because I was thinking of using her zucchini bread recipe. In the dream, we were going to have tea outside, but it was raining. The dream was so real. I felt as if I had been with her. I used her recipe with a couple of minor tweaks to bake 2 loaves of zucchini bread

2. Calli lets me know she wants a "cookie" (treat) by sitting in front of me and looking at me and the cabinet where the treats are kept. I gave her one of the hairball treats.  But she spit it out. Ptooey! I guess she doesn't like those treats anymore.

3. Errands and Harry’s for late lunch/dinner. I had the Coconut Shrimp and a Raspberry Lime Rickey

4. Some hefty thunderstorms rolled through. Knock wood, no damage even though there wre a couple of close lightning strikes

5. And another year around the sun

How was your week?

16 comments:

  1. I hope you had a super birthday CJ. I'd been dreaming a lot about my Mom recently, very real dreams, and then I received something of hers. It's like she was trying to tell me it was coming. Since I haven't dreamed about her the same way. Sounds like a good week for you. Except the thunderstorms. Let's hope they're not too bad today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes sense the dreams are vivid. Aug. 1 is a cross quarter festival, Lughnasadh, on the Celtic, Wiccan, Pagan calendar. Lughnasadh celebrates the first harvest. So the veil between the planes is thin. Yup, we had some pretty close lightning strikes during the last storm. Someone in town's well got struck by lightning like ours did last year.

      Delete
  2. My week was pretty much the same as it always is.....with a few hilarious moments....mistook a leaf in the hedges as a burrowing owl and waited to see if it was hurt.....🤣🤣🤣🤣 and watched Asteroid City 😮.....fun week! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful dream. The HH always says another year around the sun too:) Keep partying down.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The celebration will continue to Newport 😺

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to you. Sounds like a good week. I use to love to go out to eat. We don't do that often anymore. Not much choice up here. i do like our local mexican food restaurant, Toni's - we go there often for appetizers and margaritas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zucchini bread sounds interesting and great your mind came up with that sweet dream.
    This was another way too cold week here. I am truly sick of this "summer". 62F right now.
    Either way, at least the sun is out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably wouldn't like the zucchini bread because it's delicious, but sweet. We just came off a heatwave with thick humidity. Lots of people would be glad for your cold temps. Not me. At least if the sun is out and it's chilly, you can wear a sweater (jumper) while you're on the balcony.

      Delete
  6. It's interesting how some dreams seem especially real. I laughed about Calli spitting out her treat. - Anne (Cornucopia)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing dream. I don't remember most of my dreams, although I know I have them. Mostly when I am suddenly awakened in REM sleep is when I remember them. Glad yours was so vivid.

    You had a great birthday and I take it you still have your two girlies home to help you celebrate it, too.

    Laughed at Calli spitting out the hairball treat. But it was fun to read she knows exactly where the treats are kept. So does Squiggles, my fatter than fat cat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Calli is very smart. Not only does she know where the treats are kept, but she can tell time. She is adamant that dinner be served exactly at 5pm or 5am for breakfast. She will let me know ahead of time that she is famished. And then she will sit or stand on hind legs by the counter where their dinner prep is done.

    ReplyDelete