Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Whatcha Doin?


I’m playing with a new (to me), free, drawing app for the iPad called Concepts. It’s also available for Android devices.

I was looking for a program that I could use to create a new logo and for a digital journal especially while traveli ng and this vector drawing app seems to fit the bill. The free version has lots of tools/brushes/pens that you can use. There are other brushes/tools that you can buy selecting which ones you want or you can subscribe monthly or pay a yearly fee and get a whole slew of tools. 

I have used the drawing program, Procreate for the iPad, but I found Concepts so much easier and intuitive to use. A helpful tutorial sent when I downloaded and signed up for the app, got me up and running with suggetions on how to set up the tools. The “paper” to draw on is endless so you’re not restricted to size. Also, it seems layers are done automatically so something you don’t have to think about.

I need to play some more, but I’m happy with what I’ve been able to do “right out of the box.”

Whatcha doin?


17 comments:

  1. Boy, do I feel old now!
    I work on paper. Real paper. I cannot draw on devices!
    I have a PC under my table and two huge monitors, keyboard and mouse.
    At work a laptop with monitor, two additional big monitors, keyboard, mouse.
    OK, I own a smartphone but only for WhatApp....
    I wish you fun with your system, I think it´s nothing for me, sadly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried any of these drawing programs. I should j to keep up with new trends. But since I haven't, I enjoyed reading about this one. WE had a lot of rain yesterday, but summer has arrived today. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up but I'm gonna stick to/learn Procreate if it KILLS me! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoying a cup of coffee before my day gets started... I have weed eating in my future today... Glad the 4th is over.. hopefully the neighborhood has run out of fireworks.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like fun, this was you can play when you're away! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness. I have Photoshop and it takes all my ability for it to do a few things I've learned over the years. Sounds like that is a good program if only I didn't have a desktop. I can't even get a scanner to work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried updating your scanner drivers?

      Delete
    2. One scanner is so old, according to HP, the drivers have been discontinued. It's the scanner that put a line the length of everything.

      The new scanner (color laser 4 in 1) was designed for windows. Since I am using Linux, someone I will probably have to pay, will have to write the code.

      Delete
  7. A package from you came today. Boy was I surprised, especially since I was so impressed with the postcard. Thank you in advance, dear. I won't open it till the 17th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mailed the postcard separately. I knew that would arrive before the deadline. Your package got stuck for some reason for a couple of days in Western MA. I was worried it wouldn’t even come close to the deadline. - CJ

      Delete
  8. That looks like a great tool. - Anne (Cornucopia)

    ReplyDelete