Friday, July 7, 2023

The Friday Five Good Things

 

Five good things that happened this week.

1.The Eldest and I had lunch at the Farmer and Fork and spent the afternoon wandering around the New England Botanic Garden at Tower Hill.

2. The Eldest and I binged watched Card Captor Sakura, a favorite anime when she was little.

3. Had a chat with Teague and we made tentative plans to return to Camp Newport during the first week of August.

4. Had a phone call from my cousin remembering 4th of July celebrations with the aunts and uncles at his house when we were kids. 

5. The Eldest came with us to visit the cemetery. The Fourth of July would have been my parents' 80th wedding anniversary. We stopped for lunch at the Cracker Barrel.

How was your week?

16 comments:

  1. Wow, 80 years would have been something, well it still is even though obviously they aren't celebrating here on Earth. And nice you have a compadre with the eldest home. Does she know what might be next for her? Sounds like your summer is shaping up nicely with fun things like Camp Newport. Stay cool. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your enjoying spending time with the Eldest. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracker Barrel....YUM! Glad you had a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got to spend time with the eldest. Very special. YOU, take best care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good, and great to have family time with your daughter. Happy Friday, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy she'll be home for her birthday

      Delete
  6. The weeks go so fast, yours sounds a good one.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like you blink and a whole month is gone

      Delete
  7. Another very happy week for you! This week it was cold, but finally the heat is back, yippeee... Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad the weather cooperated, so you could visit the cemetery. - Anne (Cornucopia)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, I didn't realize how far behind I was. So glad the Eldest went with you to the cemetery. It is hard to go by yourself as I often do.

    I'm not a fan of Cracker Barrel after the last time I went there. It was a disaster from the very start. However, I'm glad you had a good experience and you didn't have to cook at all last week.

    ReplyDelete