Friday, July 14, 2023

The Friday Five Good Things

 

Five good things that happened this week.

1. The weather was pouring rain for the Eldest's birthday. She wanted to celebrate at  Red Robin. When we came out of the restaurant there was a beautiful rainbow just for her.

2. I thought I'd be early registering for Valerie Weilmuenster's class on Acanthus leaves at Enders Island in September. The class was already filled. I emailed Valerie asking her if there was a chance that she/Enders would add another class if there were enough people on the wait list. Popular time so all the workshops and retreats are filled. Bummah. Nice email from Valerie and catching up

3. Play day with Teague

4. We took a family trip to Southwick Zoo

5. I got a new pair of walking shoes.

How was your week?

13 comments:

  1. Bummer about the class, but otherwise it sounds like a good week. I've had a good one too, except for the cranky husband dealing with his mom. Hope you don't get any bad storm this PM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skies just got dark and I heard a rumble of thunder. I think the storms are moving in earlier than expected. Stay dry

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear the class was full but it sounds like the rest of the week was good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bummer about the class.... darn... and you thought you were early... sigh..
    ~ I hit the ball GOOD yesterday playing golf with hubby..
    ~ Hubby is making me honeycomb shaped holders for my paints to hang on the wall...
    ~ Daughter found ceramic bees to hang on the wall in the Dollar Bins at target. I can hang them around the honeycomb... SQUEAL!
    ~ The estimate for the concrete for a back porch extension and a pad to park our boat and trailer on is within our reach! woot woot
    ~ I was nervous to continue painting on the canvas i have going so i was procrastinating... Last night i took the leap and i'am off and running again... Feels good to have that fear off my shoulders..
    So nice that the Eldest had her Birthday dinner out and was treated to a rainbow! Rainbow means rain... hmmm.. send some our way PLEASE!!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending you rain. We've had so much portions of New England are flooding.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Even though the girlies are all grown up, we had a fun time.

      Delete
  5. Shame about the class ...
    That is a beautiful rainbow.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a beautiful rainbow, but sorry to read about the class being filled. I know how excited you were about going to Enders again this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still hoping some people drop out so Nan and I can go. She's on the wait list, too

      Delete