Tuesday, October 3, 2023

T Stands for August Anniversary :Lunch



Way back in August, we celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary at Giacomo's Restaurant in Wayland. The restaurant was recommended to us by a friend. We decided it would make the perfect anniversary lunch especially since I had checked out the menu ahead of time and found my favorite dish. Linguini a la Vongola (Linguini and Clams in Red Sauce)

We got to the restaurant just as it opened so there were hardly anyone there. I love having a restaurant all to myself.

The lunch was so long ago, I can't remember if we began with an appetizer. We had delicious bread and an Italian Chopped Salad for two. (Behind my beverage, the White Zinfandel)

The Linguini a la Vongola was served in a lobster sauce, beautifully plated, and absolutely delicious.


For dessert, we shared a Chocolate...looks like Tartufo. Chocolate gelato enrobed in chocolate with whipped cream.


I also had a cup of Stash Earl Grey tea. The perfect ending to a perfect meal.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

29 comments:

  1. Happy August Anniversary! The lunch looks so delicious - perfect ❤️. I hope you're keeping well and wishing you a very Happy October 😊 . Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous meal, I would have gladly eaten it all for you, yummy! And Tartufo icecream, too, what a delight! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not big on ice cream, but it was delicious

      Delete
  3. You are making me hungry, and it is only breakfast time. This looks so yummy CJ. Happy year 38. May you have many more to come. Happy T day too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And today has your name all over it. Enjoy the lovely summer-ish weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rest of the week, too! Good day for hammock time in your screen porch

      Delete
  5. Yummy! You're making me hungry! Happy (belated) anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary. Mine it today. 42 years. uuhhggg... Have a lovely day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Anniversary! 🍾πŸ₯‚πŸ’ The perfect number, too. 42, The answer to life, the universe, and everything!

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful choice for an anniversary meal :) Happy belated! And Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. A belated happy anniversary! The meal looks amazing! Pasta alle vongole is my favorite meal too. I make it myself occasionally when the fishmonger is open and they have fresh clams.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never made it myself. Just go out to eat 😺

      Delete
  9. Happy belated 38th. Wonderful looking lunch, but I would have shrimp scampi instead. I'm really not a big fan of clams.

    The dessert looked good and you gave us a plethora of drinks to chose from, too. Thanks for sharing your meal, your wine, water, and tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear CJ.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chocolate gelato yum! Happy Annivesary for August. Love your blog background today, cute kitties and ghosties. Happy T Day! Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist the kitty faces. The adorable ghosties were a plus

      Delete
  11. Happy belated 38th anniversary wishes.
    Your meal sounds delicious.

    All the best Jan

    PS I do like your new blog background :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you had a lovely meal. That salad caught my eye;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy T-day and late anniversary wishes, CJ. Looks and sounds like a totally fabulous meal. Yum. Great looking drinks too. Now I wish we had a good Italian place because I am craving some good Italian - we may have to drive to Birmingham! Great post!!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growing up in an Italian/American household, I usually don't go out for Italian food. It's never as good as my mother, grandmother, aunties made. This restaurant came very close

      Delete
  14. Wow! This looks like a truly fabulous meal! Happy Anniversary! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete