Way back in August, we celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary at Giacomo's Restaurant in Wayland. The restaurant was recommended to us by a friend. We decided it would make the perfect anniversary lunch especially since I had checked out the menu ahead of time and found my favorite dish. Linguini a la Vongola (Linguini and Clams in Red Sauce)
We got to the restaurant just as it opened so there were hardly anyone there. I love having a restaurant all to myself.
The lunch was so long ago, I can't remember if we began with an appetizer. We had delicious bread and an Italian Chopped Salad for two. (Behind my beverage, the White Zinfandel)
The Linguini a la Vongola was served in a lobster sauce, beautifully plated, and absolutely delicious.
For dessert, we shared a Chocolate...looks like Tartufo. Chocolate gelato enrobed in chocolate with whipped cream.
I also had a cup of Stash Earl Grey tea. The perfect ending to a perfect meal.
Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.


.jpg)
29 comments:
Happy August Anniversary! The lunch looks so delicious - perfect ❤️. I hope you're keeping well and wishing you a very Happy October π . Hugs, Jo x
What a fabulous meal, I would have gladly eaten it all for you, yummy! And Tartufo icecream, too, what a delight! Valerie
You are making me hungry, and it is only breakfast time. This looks so yummy CJ. Happy year 38. May you have many more to come. Happy T day too.
And today has your name all over it. Enjoy the lovely summer-ish weather.
Thanks, Jo. Things are just fine. π
I'm not big on ice cream, but it was delicious
Yummy! You're making me hungry! Happy (belated) anniversary!
Happy anniversary. Mine it today. 42 years. uuhhggg... Have a lovely day today.
Thanks, Erika
The rest of the week, too! Good day for hammock time in your screen porch
Thank you.
Happy Anniversary! πΎπ₯π The perfect number, too. 42, The answer to life, the universe, and everything!
What a wonderful choice for an anniversary meal :) Happy belated! And Happy T Tuesday
A belated happy anniversary! The meal looks amazing! Pasta alle vongole is my favorite meal too. I make it myself occasionally when the fishmonger is open and they have fresh clams.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca
Happy belated 38th. Wonderful looking lunch, but I would have shrimp scampi instead. I'm really not a big fan of clams.
The dessert looked good and you gave us a plethora of drinks to chose from, too. Thanks for sharing your meal, your wine, water, and tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear CJ.
Chocolate gelato yum! Happy Annivesary for August. Love your blog background today, cute kitties and ghosties. Happy T Day! Elle xx
38 !!! Well Done
Big Hugs
Perfect any time
I've never made it myself. Just go out to eat πΊ
There were a lot of seafood choices to choose
I couldn't resist the kitty faces. The adorable ghosties were a plus
Thank you
Happy belated 38th anniversary wishes.
Your meal sounds delicious.
All the best Jan
PS I do like your new blog background :)
So glad you had a lovely meal. That salad caught my eye;)
Happy T-day and late anniversary wishes, CJ. Looks and sounds like a totally fabulous meal. Yum. Great looking drinks too. Now I wish we had a good Italian place because I am craving some good Italian - we may have to drive to Birmingham! Great post!!! Hugz
Me, too!
The salad was a meal all by itself
Growing up in an Italian/American household, I usually don't go out for Italian food. It's never as good as my mother, grandmother, aunties made. This restaurant came very close
Wow! This looks like a truly fabulous meal! Happy Anniversary! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx
Post a Comment