Tuesday, October 24, 2023

T Stands For Catching Up With Red

 

I think the last time Red and I saw each other was just before the pandemic. Long overdue to change that.

A new coffee shop, The Little Coffee Bean, opened up in my town at the beginning of October. From the reviews around town, it's the perfect spot for a meet-up.

The reviewers were correct. It's a perfect spot and Red and I met there was coffee last week. The Bean is clean, bright, and lively with people dropping in and out or taking a load off.

We met mid-morning figuring the regular breakfast crowd would be done and on their way. There are only a few tables and Red was able to get one for us. We spent a couple of hours catching up. Kids, husbands, illnesses, deaths, gossip, all the fun topics. I had a tea and a French toast bagel with cinnamon sugar cream cheese. Red had a cup of coffee.

The Bean serves a variety of coffees, teas, breakfast sandwiches, and the usual bagels and muffins. They also serve soups, sandwiches, and salads. Pay with cash and you get a discount. Pay with a debit/credit card and a bank fee surcharge is added to your bill. You'll also receive a Bean card. Have it stamped each time you visit. Get a free coffee on your 10th visit.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

22 comments:

  1. Nobody around here offers discounts for cash, but there are some cases where payment must be in cash.

    Your visit sounds nice, and it's always fun to find a congenial coffee place. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always had to travel some distance to find a coffee breakfast place so having one in town is really nice

      Delete
  2. A nice coffee place is always good. I remember the cozy Cafés in Germany fondly, I went there very often. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we'll be visiting the Bean quite often, too

      Delete
  3. That looks like a nice place to meet for a late breakfast. I just read an article about how breakfast sandwiches are replacing cereal — are the ones at your new place good?

    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a bacon, egg, and cheese on a sesame seed bagel. Very good. The bagel was fresh, too.

      Delete
  4. Glad you enjoyed your meeting at the 'Bean'. We have those cards here, too, I love it whe I get a free cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always great to catch up with friends. I love finding a restaurant where you can sit for a long time. It sounds like it was a good outing. I hope you had a great T day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad most of the foot traffic was for take-out as there aren't a lot of tables . I don't think we'd be able to linger as long on the weekend

      Delete
  6. Sorry I'm late visiting. I've not been well most of the day.

    The Bean sounds like a great place to meet. So glad you and Red had time to catch up on life. I always pay with cash, but have never gotten a discount. I do visit one place where you have to buy a meal and the 10th is free.

    Thanks for taking us to The Little Coffee Bean and sharing your tea and bagel with us for T this Tuesday, dear CJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the discount might be a come-on promotion to get people to use catch as the business gets up and running.

      Delete
  7. I would love to go to The Bean with you sometime:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay to your catch-up! I haven´t seen my T since COVID, either...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe now's the time to make a meet-up. Before the next pandemic 😉

      Delete
  9. There's always 'room' for more coffee shops! (IMHO)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My town doesn't have a real coffee shop and I miss that. The only place we can get a discount for cash is at the gas station.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like the perfect place to catch up and that french toast bagel looks so delicious 😊. Hope you had a wonderful time and thanks for sharing. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bagel looks perfect, although at the moment a little too sweet maybe :-) When I was writing my post I smiled as I wrote about Civaux - it does sound as though it should be in a scary book. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete