Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Whatcha Doin?

 

I'm trying to watch the clock so that roughly around 2:20 PM EDT, today, October 4, 2023, I won't be lettering and won't jump out of my skin when FEMA (Federal Emergency Management) and FCC (Federal Communications Commission) plan to do an Emergency Alert Test.

"Beginning at approximately 2:20 p.m. ET, cell towers will broadcast the test for approximately 30 minutes. During this time, WEA-compatible wireless phones that are switched on, within range of an active cell tower, and in a geographic area where the wireless provider participates in WEA, should be capable of receiving the test message. 

If a phone is off before the test alert is sent and not turned back on until after the WEA Test expires (approximately 30 minutes), the phone should not get the test message"

Whatcha doin?

21 comments:

  1. Love the cat. We had those tests 2 weeks ago, it was really loud, and then on my phone, too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you, also? You get warned??? We did not! I literally jumped out of my skin! LOL.
    Cute new background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we're getting a warning. I'd hate to be lettering something and then eeek!

      Delete
  3. Remember the last one.....in the middle of the night!!!! I'm bracing myself for Armageddon! (What do 'they' know that we don't? 😲) LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They know that birds aren't real and that Elvis is living on the 2nd floor of Graceland. πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  4. I'll be going to the funeral of an old friend's dad. I'm glad the funeral will be over before time for that alarm. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you remember and the warning doesn't make you jump. Loving those cute kitty cat drawings ❤️. I'm just having a cuppa and visiting friends in Blogland 😊. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm watching the clock 😺while playing on the computer

      Delete
  6. I like your art, sweet little cat. Thanks for the information. Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well ... at least you have been warned!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was sitting in the allergists office after my shots, and everyone had their phones set to silent, when all of a sudden...you can guess what kind of noise it made. :) Nice journal page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quill didn't like the noise of my phone. I can imagine several phones going off at the same time.

      Delete
  9. I read that warning about secret phones on CNN. It was interesting, I hope the people who needed the warning read it too. We were in a car with 5 people and all the phones went off at once, of course. It was loud!

    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the cats and the cup of tea. Another awesome reason why I do NOT own a cell phone!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete