Tuesday, October 10, 2023

T Stands for South Street Diner



After an early morning appointment, we were looking for a place to have breakfast other than the Panera Bread that was in the same complex. Not that's there's anything wrong with Panera.

Not too far from where we were we ended up in downtown Westboro (or Westborough depending how snooty you are) at the South Street Diner.

I was in desperate need of a cup of tea which was served in a sturdy (heavy), old-fashioned ceramic mug.


The diner was a small restaurant. Not what I would call a diner. Diners around here are usually in old railway cars. I loved this coffee (or tea) cup sculpture.


As well as this fun mobile


Breakfast was as hardy as the mug. I had a veggie omelet (no onions, please) with hash browns, and whole wheat toast.

 Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

17 comments:

  1. That is a great diner mug. I like that style with the slightly indented side because if your drink cools down, you can comfortably hold your mug in your hand (especially when you have small hands like me) and not have to use the handle. And wow, your breakfast looks great. I haven't been to Westboro for decades. Do you know if the Tatnick bookseller still has a store there? I used to love them when they were in Worcester. Happy T day CJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tatnuck is still there in the Lyman St. shopping plaza. Only now it's known as Tatnuck Bookseller Gift Gallery and Cafe

      Delete
  2. They sure are generous in their portions!!!! (No wonder Americans are overweight! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diners are in old railway cars? Very cool!
    The omelette looks yummy, happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that steaming cup decoration. Nice looking breakface. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your breakfast makes me hungry - it looks so good. I like veggie omelettes. Eveything not served in or on plastic tastes better I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun place. I would love the decor as much as the food. That looks like a photo op diner in the making.

    Your breakfast looks fabulous. The looked like cottage fries to me, not hashbrowns. Maybe hashbrowns are different where you live.

    Thanks for taking us to South Street Diner, sharing the decor and your meal, as well as your hot tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear CJ.

    "Failed to Publish." I'll keep trying throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hash browns, cottage fries. Whatever they are called they are good.

      Delete
  7. That is one sturdy mug lol, breakfast looks good too, Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the cup sculpture and mobile :)
    Your breakfast sounds good.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete