Sunday, October 15, 2023

How Does Your Garden Grow?



Tuesday night, I went outside to try to capture the Skylink satellites passing over head. You can see a dot in the upper left and another dot diagonally in the center in the clouds.

Saturday, October 14, part of the United States was treated to an annular eclipse of the sun. This happens when the moon passes in front of the sun, but is too far away to cover the sun completely so all that is visible is a ring of fire.

My area was only going to see a fraction of the eclipse. I didn't go out to view as I didn't have safety glasses so a screen capture from NASA's livestream event with a link to watch the video.



I also thought it was a coincidence that the ring of fire occurred at this time. Saturday, October 13, was the 106 anniversary of "The Miracle of the Sun", the last appearance of the Virgin Mary to the three shepherd children, Lucia (now referred as Servant of God Lucia). and (Saints) Jacinta, and Francisco at Fatima.


This morning started out chilly though Harvey was showing the feels like temperature at 98 oF. I was too slow with the camera to capture it.


A brown-eyed Susan


and a bedraggled petunia hanging on


Potato crop


Garden clean up


The new lawn guy showed up.


Windy and leaves falling though I don't think I captured them


All the leaves have fallen from the Swamp Maple

How does your garden grow?

10 comments:

  1. I didn't see any of the eclipse either. We went up north for the day and there were clouds. Nice potato crop. This is the first year I grew potatoes and I enjoyed growing them too. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this was the first year Himself grew potatoes, too

      Delete
  2. We bought a couple of new plants for the front 'Monster Garden" (called that because the driftwood pieces look like monsters we're told by neighbors.) One of the plants has holes in the leaves ON PURPOSE! Seemed appropriate for the Monster garden....LOL ALthough, holes caused by bugs eating them might also be appropriate for a monster garden now that I think of it! 🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw the eclipse on Sat Oct 14th... Honestly at 56 years old it was the first time i ever really LOOKED at a solar eclipse. We had the ring of fire for a good 4 minutes. it was amazing.. The solar glasses made it so easy to look at.. I can remember being a kid and there was a solar eclipse and the urge to look at it when you are told NOT to look at it was almost unbearable... Hubby had never LOOKED at a solar eclipse either so it was a nice experience together.. What a great potato crop CJ! So glad your lawn guy showed up.. My lawn guy needs to show up too.... me.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cool that you and Hubby got to see the eclipse

      Delete
  4. Very cool, I didn´t even know of the eclipse.
    Oh, boy. The first naked tree.
    Here still green, one turns slowly yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eclipse probably wasn't mentioned in your area as it wasn't visible from Europe. My area in the US only got to see a fraction. The maple is the 2nd naked tree. For some reason, maybe the copious amounts of rain?, the twig lost all its leaves last month

      Delete
  5. Complete cloud cover here, but it got dark. Great potato crop. My garden mess is as bad as yours, just scattered out further! Yea for new lawn guy. I hope I only have to do my lawn one more time this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if we have one more mowing and then it will be time for Fall cleanup

      Delete