Thursday, October 5, 2023

Inktober 2023



Another Inktober creeped up on me so fast. With all the traveling I've been doing, I didn't have time to make a journal for the Inktober challenge. The very first Coptic Stitch book I made was sitting empty because at the time, I was too timid to write in it. No More.


10/01 Challenge prompt: Dream
A versal letter featuring Dream (Tom Sturridge) from The Sandman
Sumi ink, watercolor, Micron Pigma pen on Arches Text Wove


10/02 Challenge prompt: Spiders
Micron Pigma pen, Towbow Markers


10/03 Challenge prompt: Path
Sumi ink, Micron Pigma pen, Towbow Markers

12 comments:

  1. Your work is gorgeous, but how could you do spiders??? Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It begins with a high pitched scream and then a little dance. And then I can work 😺

      Delete
  2. The spider one gives me the shivers.....well done! 😱

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you used your coptic stitch book. Hurrah for feeling empowered. And nice additions for Inktober too. I'm waiting for the fog to burn off. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fog burned off and I was over Teague's house for our weekly play day

      Delete
  4. I was so tempted to join Inktober this year... I keep waiting for the 'perfect' time to join but it just doesn't appear...lol This year i had a houseful of visitors on a 10 day visit... I could possibly still play catch up.. hmmm.. Love your drawings and your unique take on the prompts... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still plenty of time to catch up, or just jump in and start and don't worry about days missed

      Delete
  5. Such detailed work! Your lines are so clear and definite. A steady hand is a prime requirement for this. I've never done this kind of thing and admire yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You made it a two cowboy hat day for me.

      Delete
  6. Absolutely stunning work. You put SO much effort into these prompts. LOVE the path and the spiders.

    Of course, I should have known. I got a Failed to Publish, so not sure when you will see this or any other of my comments to you for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw your comment on Oct. 9. An hour or so after you published.

      Delete