Monday, January 15, 2024

A Matter of Perspective


 Himself's youngest brother's wife came for a visit to pick up seeds that Himself wouldn't be using in his garden this year.

The conversation turned to her hobby which is hiking. She has been hiking portions of the Appalachian Trail. The trail stretches 2200 miles from Georgia through Maine in the Appalachian Mountains.

She told us that a few years ago, she would see lots of women hiking the trail by themselves. 

"I saw one elderly woman on the trail." she said, "She had to be at least 70. And I thought, you go, girl!"

"J, elderly? I'm 68. I'll be 69 this Summer." J is 10 years younger than I am.

"Oh, wait, she had to be at least 80"

"Good save"

12 comments:

  1. That's funny. - Anne (Cornucopia)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! Heike and I often talk about 'old peope' and forget that with our combined ages of 157 we're not exactly babes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Age is just a number' ... the only trouble is it increases each year!!!
    Oh well, never mind :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously you don't look elderly or she wouldn't have used that term in your conversation, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno. There's a lot of snow on my roof. 😺

      Delete
  5. lol! Let's get out there and hike. We'll show 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for her ..i love to hike. haven't done that much lately because of weather.

    ReplyDelete