Tuesday, January 9, 2024

T Stands for Hot Chocolate Mix


Christmas gifts for the Grandniece and Grandnephew had me pondering what to give a 5 year old and a 3 year old. I remember the Girlies at that age and our house looked like a toy store threw up all over it. I'm sure these kiddos don't need more stuffed animals, dolls, blocks, trucks, etc. 

While browsing, I came across cups with a secret surprise inside. My Young One was thrilled when she got her own mug with the Happy, Little, Gingerbread Man on it. In fact, that was one of the items she recently requested I send to her in Ohio

Along with the mugs, I thought I would make up some Hot Cocoa Mix, and I included the recipe for the Niece-in-Law.



Also to the goodie bag, were a bag each of peppermint candy canes, marshmallows, and a box of animal crackers.

What was the surprise at the bottom of the cup?


Hers was a unicorn. For him, a sweet dinosaur. The Maneki Neko is mine.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

25 comments:

  1. Such a pretty cup!Mine has a cow in it, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you included yourself. :) I bet the kids loved these. Hopefully this storm isn't as strong and as much of a mess as they predict. Have a great T day CJ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea!!!
    And ohhhh, soooo cute! I once had one with a fat fly on the ground, duuuuuu.... not nice at all!
    Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creative of you to think of hot cocoa mix for the little ones. They like to be busy and feel productive, don’t they?
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And hopefully, they won't make too much of a mess 😺

      Delete
  5. What a great idea! I know what you mean about toy overload... we do our best not to add to that with our 3 and 5 yr old Granddaughters.. Last year i think we got them jackets with their favorite characters on it and this year it was a fairy costume to play dressup with.. ... Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now next year you can do mugs and hot cocoa! You're welcome. 😉

      Delete
  6. I think I like YOUR mug the best. Thanks, too, for including the cocoa mix recipe. And thanks for sharing this for T this Tuesday, dear CJ.

    Goodness. I got a Failed to Publish. Some days I hate blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other mugs were very cute, but I like mine the best, too.

      Delete
  7. I forgot to tell you that your link goes back to My blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea!!! What a great gift. I have a new grandbaby, so I will be remembering this for when she is a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I do love your mug! What a great idea for gifts, sometimes there is definitely toy overload. BTW the link on the link up doesn't link back to your blog post, it links to Elizabeth's post, dunno how that happened, but I managed to find your post for today. Happy T Day! Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks to Elizabeth and now you, light dawns on Marblehead. Thanks

      Delete
    2. Obviously, Elle got the point across better than I did.

      I got another Failed to Publish. GRRR!

      Delete
    3. I was slow today. Maybe Blogger is slow today, too.

      Delete
  10. Those are so cute - great gifts for them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got distracted by covid concerns and missed T entirely :( What a great mug!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fabulous presents - a truly great idea! Belated Happy T Day , Chrisx

    ReplyDelete