Sunday, January 7, 2024

How Does Your Garden Grow?



The first Winter storm of the season is predicted for Sunday. With that comes a bit of storm prep. More of a superstition than actually preparing for an emergency. While this storm is predicted to bring measurable and plowable snow, it is by no means a block-buster. Knock wood three times so as not to jinx things.

Outside, the Gnomes are ready to measure the snow. I also filled the bird feeder.


I finally remembered to store the blue bird bath in the greenhouse.


The bird feeder in the back was filled, too.


The landscaping cloth blew off its moorings during the rain storm we had last weekend.


Hopefully, a bit of snow will keep it from blowing around. 


I also took down the garden flag.


And snow it begins

How does your garden grow?

18 comments:

  1. Here too. Have you seen garden staples for holding down your landscape covers? They are reusable and work great. I hope you don't get a lot of snow; knocking on wood 3 times here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had some stakes, but they didn't work.. Snow totals got uppped 9 - 12" Hard to tell how much because so much blowing and drifting.

      Delete
  2. No garden to speak of myself as you know BUT the weeds are going like gangbusters.. cool/cold but not freezing temps , some moisture, no HOT burning sun.. the plants around here are extrememly happy.. I see roses blooming in alot of yards! Stay safe and warm CJ Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! It has almost covered the first gnome! (or is it TWO of the gnomes??????) I'm knocking wood for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too late. The official total for my area was 11 inches

      Delete
  4. hopin the snow does NOT reach the boots of gnome one; toss salt~~~~

    calli and quill just make SURE therz plentee oh canned goodz in de houz ...ya noe ~~ ! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few days before the storm, the canned food delivery arrived and I went to the pet store to buy kibble.

      Delete
  5. thecontemplativecat here I hear that the mountains near Big Bear will be snow this week. Last year they were snowed in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, last year Big Bear was buried. Hopefully, this Winter won't be a repeat for them.

      Delete
  6. We have snow, too. Ack. I hate this ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Much Snow! We have highs in the 50s with high winds predicted for tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Temps are supposed to get above freezing and the sun is out so there will be a little melting. A warm up to the 40s and 2 big rain storms will get rid of a lot of it. I hope.

      Delete
  8. Here in the UK we've had quite a lot of flooding, fortunately where I live we have been okay ... but ealier today we had snow flurries, nothing like your snow, but both myself and Eddie said; best to stay in, stay warm and enjoy some soup!

    Take care.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't think of a better way to spend a snow day

      Delete