Tuesday, January 30, 2024

T Stands for Owen O'Leary's


I had an appointment and needed a ride so Teague kindly obliged. After the appointment we stopped for a late lunch at Owen O'Leary's.

I wasn't going to photograph lunch or use this for a T Day post, but


this fun sign for the Broomstick Inn caught my eye. I really liked the witch.



The establishment serves typical pub fare. I had a bacon cheeseburger with waffle sweet potato fries and a Coke. Teague had a disappointing Prime Dip with Au Jus.

So after photographing the witch sign I took pics of 


this light which advertise an Irish Setter beer. I liked the Celtic knotwork designs


A Claddagh stained glass window blending American and Irish heritages


This fun balloon sculpture had the Wizard of Oz characters in the basket. Too bad for the poor lighting.


This clown diving through and inner tube


a little parachute dude.


a cute tricycle

After lunch, we debated about going to Teague's house to hang out, but the weather was supposed to turn iffy with a bit of snow. I asked Teague to take me home.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

18 comments:

  1. The owner of that pub really has a neat collection!
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I would love to have that witch sign. So cool, as are the other decorations in the place. Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tempting not to put the witch sign in a relocation program at my house 😺

      Delete
  3. Love that sign! and the concept. and the tricycle :) I'd definitely be in for lunch there. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice as it wasn't busy and we practically had the place to ourselves

      Delete
  4. Love the bits and boby they have collected at the pub, very nice. Pity the food wasn't as good as you hoped. The witch sign is fabulous! Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad a lot of the restaurants that have been around awhile aren't quite up to what they used to be

      Delete
  5. I sometimes think 'they' rely on the surrounding decorations to make up for sub par food. (Maybe they think we won't notice the food.....?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun spot to eat and hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool signs! I think one is pretty busy looking at all those fun signs while waiting for the food. The sweet potato fries look delicious. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sincere apologies for being so late for T this week. I scheduled two medical appointments I thought were for tomorrow, but turned out they were for today. Sadly, I've been either waiting or sitting with medical people all day long. Hmmm. It's after midnight, so that should be Tuesday.

    Lovely collection of memorabilia, including the witch on a broomstick. Those waffle fries looked delicious. Sorry Teague's meal wasn't up to par. Thanks for taking us to Broomstick Inn and sharing the collections, as well as your Coke and water with us for T this week, dear CJ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the witch sign too. We used to have a restaurant here with similar decor inside to Owen O'Leary's but sadly it closed down years ago. I always wondered where all the contents went as there was so much to look at. Happy T Day! Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully someone gave the bric-a-brac new life

      Delete