Thursday, January 18, 2024

Retirement Card

 

I made a card for a friend that will be semi-retired. I followed an exercise from Lindsay Ostrom's Creative Hand Lettering Book. The exercise called Writer's Block, required dividing your paper into blocks and using different hand lettering. You wrote a word or made a doodle and then rotated your paper a quarter turn. That way some of your writing would be upside-down, side-ways, or the right way up.

I wrote things one could do in one's "free time". Like going to lunch sleeping late, watching the clouds. Just a fun way to acknowledge the next phase of her life.

10 comments:

  1. Free time and being free are priceless. Great card, CJ! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, and I love how you can personalize it. I hope this person enjoys their semi-retirement and does all of those things also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card CJ! I really like that idea! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, card ... and perspective! My T wants to retire early, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking card. - Anne (Cornucopia)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow very clever. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete