Sunday, December 8, 2019

How Does Your Garden Grow?


Last weekend, a two day, snow storm event was predicted. I thought if I went through the storm prep routines, we wouldn't lose electricity (and we didn't). Himself bought me new, blue buckets that coordinate with the bathroom. With buckets filled with water to flush the toilets, lanterns and flashlights put in each room, batteries checked, the portable charger for cellphone and iPad charged, the Cauldryn Fyre Mobile Smart Mug charged to heat water for tea, there's was nothing further to do but wait.


And snow it began. The bird feeders had been filled earlier in the week and as it began to snow


the snowbirds and nuthatches began to come in like planes to an airport.



It seemed like a good time to put the pre-decorated wreath up Himself bought along with the Nutcracker and the garden flag.


Monday morning after the first wave, a peek out front showed the mailbox survive. The first helping of snow dumped around 8 inches.



After the next round on Tuesday, the mailbox lay battered and bruised. We got another four or so inches for a total of 12 inches. I supposed it's wishful thinking that this will be all the snow we get for the season.


The Young People we hired to shovel and snow blow the driveway, cleared the snow, and righted the mailbox. They even cleared the snow off of both cars.


With the weather cleared, I put the garden flag outside where it belongs


On Saturday, I saw the cardinal pair, but was only able to get a photo of the female.


Someone coming in for a landing



Mrs. Cardinal and friends


The Bunny Trail. Not sure if it starts or stops under the sun room


Front steps of the Dollhouse decorated


Wreaths in the windows


The tree holding on to the moon.

How does your garden grow?

25 comments:

  1. It looks very cold, I am not a snow fan! Glad you didn't lose electricity. Beautiful photos, especially the last one with the moon. Have a good, new week, keep warm! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very cold and our first taste of Winter. I'd be happy if it was the last of the Winter, too.

      Delete
  2. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is all you'll get this winter, but I'm doubtful.....sorry. :-/ (PS It really does look like a dollhouse! :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your fingers to God's eyes. And it is a dollhouse with 800 sq. feet on the first floor with another 600 in the basement.

      Delete
  3. Brrr! A good reminder to prep for nasty conditions, but I'm so glad you didn't lose electricity:) And your home is beautifully decorated!!!
    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow! Birds are always fun to watch :) I love that nutcracker and your outdoor decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can have the snow if you want

      Delete
    2. We're having a gray, dreary rain today. I'd trade you if I could lol but we're not equipped for snow down here even in small amounts. I wonder if there's a place that gets the perfect amount of snow. I somehow doubt it ;)

      Delete
  5. Ah, now I understand what the buckets were for. For some reason, my mind had it that you were going to use the buckets as a potty. My mind is very strange some days.

    You hired some WONDERFUL young people. They did an excellent job AND uprighted the mailbox, too.

    Who put the wreaths in the windows? That was a tall job.

    LOVE that last photo.

    BTW, I have 1700 ft in my main floor space, 300 feet in my office over the garage, and 1200 ft in the basement. You DO live in a doll house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Himself hangs the wreaths in the windows. Does the job from the inside.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. If only I could get Himself to move further South

      Delete
  7. Parts of the UK are currently under a storm warning for 'Storm Atiyah' but I think it is Ireland and Wales the areas worse affected.

    That looks a lot of snow in your photographs, and weren't those young people brilliant in clearing the snow!

    Stay safe and warm.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good amount of snow, but we've had more. And I'm glad we found someone that could clear the driveway and walkway for us. Himself can't manage a snowblower anymore.

      Delete
  8. The track of this storm was interesting. I know you got a lot of snow (my brother up in Paxton said he got really dumped on), as did the coast here in NH. But only got 8-9 inches, but that is still enough. A bit of a warm up coming, but lets see how much snow actually gets washed away. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks great! Your decorations are beautiful! We have had snow bouts here and there. Praying the winter is not bad for either of us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you are all ready for the snow this year! Nice that you found someone to clear the pathways and all those buckets are a good idea too 😀. Your Christmas decorations look beautiful, they add some winter cheer and you can't help but smile at the warm welcome of your garden flag, wreath and Nutcracker 😉. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pictures of your house and I love your moon photo! Priceless! So happy the power didn't go out! Your front door looks beautiful! Happy to see your friends in the yard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted to say, the people who do your snow removal are great! Sorry about your mail box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad we found someone willing to shovel. Most of the people I called only did snow plowing and our driveway is shaped for that. At least the mailbox hasn’t been totally destroyed. It seems to bounce back and reminds me of the Bobo clown punching bags. I call the mailbox Bobo

      Delete