Thursday, December 19, 2019

Paw Painting


While watching the bears at Clark's Trading Post, we were told one of the retired bears, Victoria, had taken up painting, and her works were for sale in the gift shop. 


Most of her paintings were collaborations with her human trainers. Words and phrases were written on the paintings. While the Young One and I were pawing through the paintings, the Young One found this gem. Just the artist's signature in my favorite shade of blue.

Hopefully, proceeds go to the maintenance of the bears.

22 comments:

  1. Definitely pawsome! Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. We didn't get to see Victoria, but she must be a big girl!

      Delete
  3. beautiful piece-I agree hopefully the money goes to the bears

    ReplyDelete
  4. "pawing through the paintings" indeed :) You did find a keeper, didn't you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of our elephants at the zoo did trunk paintings. They were quite good, but abstract. I like the idea of a paw print, though and agree with others that hopefully the proceeds go to helping the bears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen some elephant paintings and a painting done by a chimpanzee. Very fun.

      Delete
  6. AWWW.
    I hope the proceeds go to the bears too, CJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or at least to buy more paint and canvas for Victoria.
      😺

      Delete
  7. love the idiea of paw paintings. that's a nice one. I'm waiting for our Alpine Zoo iin Big Bear to move into their new space - i love visiting there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A trip to the new zoo will make a great blog post. 😊

      Delete
  8. That is a cool piece. I hope they do use the proceeds to help take care of the bears. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I just love Valerie's comment … and I agree!
    Definitely pawsome :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a nice color blue. I like the touch of yellow.

    ReplyDelete