Saturday, January 25, 2020

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


National Velvet (1944), Elizabeth Taylor, Mickey Rooney

22 comments:

  1. My Auntie Fanny loved this film, so I often got to watch it with her....Have a nice day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw this movie a long time ago. I usually like horse movies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved both Elizabeth Taylor and Mickey Rooney. Do you remember him in the movie, "Bill"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this one, but it was long ago and memory has faded... It was fun, I do remember, to see those actors in roles so young :) Sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a classic 😀. Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow when I was a young girl this was one of my all time favorite books-Happy Saturday-I just got online this afternoon-my monitor died late Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen this film but I do know this was Elizabeth Taylor's breakout role. I should watch it one of these days. Happy Saturday. Rain is here now. Stay dry. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of this, but never seen it. It would be a great Saturday movie, though, if I could find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably available for rent on YouTube. You might be able to find it for free there, too.

      Delete
  9. wow i remember this one - and hadn't thought of it again since i saw it - thanks for the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't seen this film, although I have heard of it :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely film and Taylor is so cute in her movie debut

      Delete