Friday, January 31, 2020

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. We went to see 1917 and then had a late lunch or early dinner at Uno's.

2. Awesome lunch and dinner leftover from Uno's. We got their buy one entree and get a second entree to take home. No cooking for a few days!

3. Kept getting errors on the Sleep Number bed controller. Tried one more time crawling under the bed and checking all the connections. Missed one. Plugged everything back in and no more errors.

4. New, slim, filter carafe arrived from Amazon.  The Brita pitcher was too big to fit in the refrigerator. Now, crystal clear, water from the tap to refill bottles/thermos for teaching, activities and traveling. Now won't have to buy water bottles when traveling. The Little Princess can't stand the smell of chlorine in municipal tap water.

5. While waiting to pay the taxes at town hall, a man can down the corridor pushing a dolly (hand truck). He looked at me and asked, "Want a ride?" as he whipped around the corner. So non sequitur it made me laugh.

How was your week?

And the five participants randomly drawn from Monday's Visits and Kind Words are:

Robin, Sandy from CA, jinxxxygirl (Deb), Divers and Sundry, FSG (You said not to enter Da Tabbies, so I entered you.😺) . Please EMAIL ME your snail mail address. Robin, I have your particulars.

Thank you, everyone, for your visits and kind words.

24 comments:

  1. You had a good week, with some free food thrown in for good measure. My new coffee machine has a built in water filter and it makes such a difference to the quality of the coffee! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't think a little filter would make such a difference

      Delete
  2. We double filter our water before we drink it. The water here is VERY hard (and stinky!) :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're having an issue with hot, stinky water, too. 😱

      Delete
  3. There's not a Uno's around here, but I like the buy one take one concept. We love our sleep number bed. We have good water here, but we use one of those filtered pitchers anyway and keep it in the fridge. Rides for tips sounds like a business opportunity :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great start to 2020!!! Thank you so much CJ for the little nudge to come visit your blog today and for picking my name!!! Woot woot!!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh cool ....my name was drawn!
    Your week sounds nice. We rarely go out to the movies but when we do it always ends with a beer - DosEquis...and we love the movie. Last movie i went to see was Downton Abbey. Your week sounds good. I can't believe you passed up a ride on the dolly. We have one of those big heavy britter pitchers so i let Mike always refill it. It's nice not buying those big bottles any more from Sparkletts. i'll email you

    ReplyDelete
  6. this cartoon is too funny !!! N thank you for picking us; da tabbies say thanx az well ♥♥☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny cartoon today. Sounds like a good week. Mine was truly uneventful, well I did go to work. Hope you enjoy the weekend now that we aren't supposed to get much snow. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a far better week than I. HOWEVER, I had a lovely card addressed to the boys and me from someone sweet. I haven't opened the card yet because I'm still stroking the envelope, the beautiful calligraphy, and the Lunar New Year stamp. Thank you beyond belief, dear CJ. I am in AWE of the envelope and stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Open the envelope. There's a little something inside for you, too. ☺

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the explanation on the dolly! Unknown here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fabulous week! The ride on the dolly and picture made me smile, when we visited our friends in America they had one in their garage and my hubby took me for a ride around on it, which they thought was hilarious...lol 😉. Thanks for the smiles and happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I just love UNO's! Unfortunately, they closed the local ones around my area and I would have to go to Philadelphia or there about to enjoy their food again.

    Sounds like a pretty good week to me. Love the cartoon! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's too bad about Uno's. I love their Chicago Classic deep dish pizza

      Delete
  12. One of our sons has just seen 1917 he said it was very good.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good, I just thought the story was a little slow in starting.

      Delete