Monday, March 14, 2022

Happy Mail and Pi Day

 

Besides a residential address, I have a post office box. Informed delivery usually lets me know if there's anything in the PO Box. Nothing had come through for the po box for several days. Not unusual. 

 I was at the post office to buy stamps to use for my Graceful Envelope entry and thought, just for fun, I'd check the PO Box.  Inside were a few fliers, local paper, and imagine my surprise to find this awesome first day cover for the Year of the Tiger stamp, and it was addressed to Calli and Quill.

Even without turning it over, I knew it was from Finnbadger from Envelope 100. Finn must have been very busy or bored with blogging as there wasn't much happening at the blog. I was pleased that he didn't fall out of the Ether.

Besides the first day cover (the day a new stamp is issued), there was wonderful card inside. One thing about Calli and Quill is they do see themselves as their larger cousins, especially Quill with his few orange tabby stripes and markings.

Thanks for brightening my day, Finn.

Oh, and I wish everyone a very Happy Pi Day!


26 comments:

  1. Those first day issues can be quite expensive, so you have a very, very good friend to think of your two little ones so fondly. Great happy mail.

    Happy Pi day to you, too, CJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B & E: The first day postmarks are free, so all it costs is the stamp and envelope to mail the envelope you want postmarked.

      CJ:I have had very little time to blog lately (i.e. the past few years)

      Delete
    2. I'm happy when you do get a chance to blog, Finn. I enjoy the mailart on your blog.

      Delete
  2. Love the idea to address it to your cats, very sweet!
    As is the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I remember Mother did first day covers for a while but found it hard to keep up with. I love that it was addressed to the cats in the family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to see the kitties get their own mail

      Delete
  4. Happy Pi day to you CJ. I forgot about that, but funny, I did buy a pie yesterday at the grocery store. Guess I didn't sub-consciously forget. Ha ha. Hope you get lots of melt today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun took care of a lot of the melting yesterday. Warm temps and bright sunshine will take care of the rest today. Glad you have pie for today

      Delete
  5. Glad it made it, and glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous piece you received. Hope Calli and Quill appreciate it! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. happee perch pizza PI day guyz.....total lee awesum post card happee mail peace two :) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fabulous happy mail! I love the year of the tiger design with the kitten - perfect (smile!). Happy PI wishes! Hugs Jo x
    p.s. sorry I haven't been around, my tablet has given up the ghost and it looks like I'll have to get a new one (eek!) so I've resorted to using my laptop for now which isn't as convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting an unexpected post like that is like Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always fun to see your surprise mail. How cute that is and I love your kitty names.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since Ink was names after an art supply, that was the theme that was decided for the kitties. Quill fit because one of his markings looks like a feather. I was having a hard time with a name for his sister when the Young One looked at a sign I have when doing the Open House at the museum: Calligraphy and she said what about Calli? Perfect

      Delete
  11. What a purrfect card. I always love the pictures of kittens seeing themselves as fiercesome big cats:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. There was a meme on FB with a black cat painting a self-portrait of a panther. That was Ink.

      Delete