Thursday, March 10, 2022

Practice Piece

 For the past month or so, Masscribes Calligraphy Guild has been holding a Zoom Drop in Art Group on Tuesday nights. Each week, there's a theme and participants can choose to work on the theme, socialize, ask questions about techniques, talk about new tools, and socialize. Members can also work on their own project if they choose.

This week's theme was a short quote. I chose "The road to freedom is bordered by sunflowers" attributed to Martin Firrell.


As Harry's brother, Steve, would say, "It's nice, potentially harmless, but..." Meh. The sunflower in the counterspace of the T looks tight as if it was just jammed in there, but at least I did something. Nan dropped in, too, and she chose the same quote. 


I decided to re-do the decorated initial. This design was what I initially was going to do before I changed my mind and did the single sunflower. I like this design much better. What do they say? Always go with your first answer?

Moon Palace Sumi ink, Prismacolor watercolor pencils, and Micron Pigma pen.

21 comments:

  1. Good morning, I love the second one the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. I prefer the second version, too. Have a geat day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Good time spent with friends, don't have to pack up all sorts of supplies, and practicing is fun.

      Delete
  4. I like them both but there's something endearing about the first one. A chubby little "T" standing tall and proud! (I know, I'm bucking the tide....lol.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. It's just it looked better in my head than it came out on paper

      Delete
  5. both designs are nice; I would have tried to put the sunflower in the "o" of the word flower and still had a fancy "t" ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are very attractive. The important thing is to remember Ukraine and its beleaguered people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really lovely CJ. You have great hand control (coming from someone who doesn't), and it is a wonderful sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them both CJ. I often turn my painted practice pieces into PostCards to make someone smile.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like them both, but the second one is my favorite. Just as long as we remember Ukraine, too.

    ReplyDelete