Sunday, May 15, 2022

How Does Your Garden Grow?



Field of wishes


What's up, buttercup?


Wild strawberry


The lily of the valley pips have popped


It turns out the green thing Himself planted is a Clematis


Potential wishes


Hey! What are you doing out there? Shouldn't you be in here filling our food bowls?


Calli peeking through the dirty window


The peas are climbing


New, little branches on the Japanese maple. I need to read up on how to propagate so I can give a sapling to the Nephew.


Quill avidly watches the inside of his eyelids while


Calli watches the bluejay and the little, red squirrel.


The first perfect day of many (I hope)


The woods leafing out


Inside, Lily is about to flower


Waxing gibbous moon


Ursa Minor (Little Dipper) and Polaris (The North Star), the end star of the handle


The International Space Station visible just above the top of the tree.


And sails over the house (the bright spot near the center of the photo)

How does your garden grow?

17 comments:

  1. I love those kinds of wildflowers :) Some wild strawberry has taken root in between some of my patio stones, and I'm encouraging it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, the wild strawberries will be mowed under

      Delete
  2. I tried several times to grow Clematis up north and failed miserably each time. Good luck to Himself! I hope it takes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhh, don't tell Himself we had one before and it didn't survive the Winter

      Delete
  3. Our garden enjoyed some wonderful sunshine yesterday but is getting rather wet at the moment ...
    Enjoyed seeing your photographs.
    Have a good week ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like seeing the kitties watching you outside. The dogs do that too if they aren't out. We are greening up too. It's great, isn't it? hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels so good to go outside without having to wear bulky jackets/sweaters

      Delete
  5. Great pics!! And, of course I always enjoy seeing pics of the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitties like to have their picture taken

      Delete
  6. I've been watching my dandelions go through their cycle. I love the idea of them... And love that the woods are leafing out. Nice to see what's going on in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dandelions. I was sad to see them mowed under when the lawn guy showed up

      Delete
    2. i get it - i use to go to the old ballfield by the lake to get photos of the wildflowers - they have since graded everything doiwn and added sprinklers and no wildflowers will be growing there now... Dandelions are amazing to me.

      Delete
  7. Love the sky photos. I got some great moon photos last night. Wonderful how cats can relax and sleep. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised the sky photos came out as I just used the iPhone camera. It was cloudy so we couldn't see the eclipse

      Delete
  8. I got this message for this post just now. Could not connect with reCAPTCHA. What is wrong with blogger? Had to reload your post, and it caused me to stop it in the middle. This is the third time I had to reload your post. I know some of mine are long, but this was ridiculous.

    My lilies of the valley are now finished blooming and are ready to go to sleep. I guess my season is ahead of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, we're at a higher elevation so Spring comes later. We also have a shorter growing season

      Delete