![]() |
| Photo by Kristina Paukshtite: https://www.pexels.com/photo/red-berries-139917/ |
In 1994, cranberries were designated as the official state berry. Twenty-four years earlier, in 1970, cranberry juice was crowned the official beverage of Massachusetts as a nod to the cranberry industry.
Massachusetts is the second largest producer of cranberries being beaten out by the state of Wisconsin.

16 comments:
I know someone who went to a bog and was able to pick cranberries in the same way you pick strawberries. Well not the same as the cranberries are in a bog, but I didn't know you could do that. What a day yesterday was and more of the same today. Enjoy. Hugs-Erika
I remember the flooded cranberry bogs we used to pass on the way to the Cape every summer! It was quite beautiful.
Good morning, CJ! Congrats!
I think Rhode Island is known for cranberries also, if I remember correctly. Anne
I didn’t know you could harvest your own cranberries. Glorious weather. Blogger is being a PITA and I’m having problems commenting. - Me
They really are beautiful - Me
Thanks
Testing, testing 1, 2 ... I left a message earlier and it did not show up so I am now wondering IF Blogger is not allowing MY comments to go through other??
Cranberries are not that common here, huhhh. Nice to know your story!
I didn't know that
I had trouble on Saturday with leaving comments, too. So far early Sunday morning, Blogger seems to behaving itself
Oh! I was just imagining apple and cranberry strudel!
Well that's interesting - i love cranberries ..fun learning about your state.
I love cranberries, too
I had NO idea. This was all new news to me!
Learn something new every day 😊
Post a Comment