Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Whatcha Doin?

 

I'm sketchnoting directions for making small books.

Whatcha doin?

23 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks very interesting. I'm having an easy and lazy day, and meeting up with a friend later to eat ice cream instead of dinner! Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Enjoy your ice cream dinner!

My name is Erika. said...

I love sketch notes. I think I mentioned I got the kids to use them at school. I really like how you did yours. Nicely done!

Anonymous said...

This looks fantastic! Anne

CJ Kennedy said...

I love this style of notetaking

robin cox walsh said...

I can't read your directions (too small on my screen) but it makes for a nice spread in your journal!

CJ Kennedy said...

😊

Divers and Sundry said...

That looks like a wonderful way of noting instructions.

I just pulled an 8" tall oak tree out of my cat mint pot lol I wish I had a place to transplant it to. It still had acorn attached.

jinxxxygirl said...

That LOOKS complicated even if its not.. .and ... really nice in your sketchbook... Lets see... i slept in a little this morning.. hubby is under the weather.. .covid ? who knows.. but it seems the same thing i had several weeks ago.. I had the pfizer shots and him the moderna.. Maybe the moderna protected him from me ... for a while.. Then i took myself for a rather WARM 2 1/2 mile walk.. now i'm eating oatmeal.... without my sugar substitute.. ( Equal)... trying to get used to it that way.. Trying to quit the sugar substitute... wean myself off of it.. I use way too much of it. Looking forward to a great day of craftroom!! Hugs! deb

CJ Kennedy said...

Poor little oak. I have the same problem with a red maple that seeded itself.

CJ Kennedy said...

I look forward to seeing what you made in your craftroom. Hope your hubby feels better soon

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Of course, I have made my own handmade books before, but I like your cats and the arrows you used. Clever note taking.

I'm getting ready to take a cold shower, then go to lunch with Sally.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

some thin diffrunt two day....sneekin round blog land on de gurlz werk pea sea ~~~~ wavez two ewe calli N quill :) ♥

sandy said...

wow ...lots of steps to this...so interesting to see. I have a feeling i would love sneaking in to your house and looking through all your sketchbooks. Every morning I write notes and usually sketch a little something in my sketchy journals. It's such a good way to start the day for me. Very few of my journal sketches make it to my art board and I love doing them..they're small and sketchy.

Sandra Cox said...

Love it, especially the kitty faces:)

CJ Kennedy said...

The cat face and mouse are from a stamp set I got in the bargain bin at Michaels. I think you have the same set

CJ Kennedy said...

Don't get the FSG in trouble!

CJ Kennedy said...

The sketchbooks aren't well planned, but they are fun

CJ Kennedy said...

Rubber stamps are great!

CJ Kennedy said...

It's so fun. I wish I had known this method when I was in school

Quinley said...

I love the idea of using sketches to keep notes. I always found (for me) that drawing allowed me to remember things better.
-Quinley

CJ Kennedy said...

I wish I had known this method when I was in school.

Let's Art Journal said...

A great way to write instructions! I love adding drawings and used to do a lot of mind mapping when I was at work, really helpful way to remember things 😁. We went shopping on Wednesday, I need some new walking shoes but I couldn't find any - maybe next time (smile!). Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x