Sunday, May 1, 2022

How Does Your Garden Grow?



Another storage bench and solar panels to charge batteries to power a heating pad in the greenhouse or other tools that have batteries that need charging. Wires for the solar panels run behind the bench and under the sun room to the greenhouse so the lawn guy won't mow over cords


Somebody needs to weed, clean out, and plant Ink's garden


Somebody else needs to clean out this stuff and relocate the storage bench


Looks like the violets might have taken over. I can't see any Lily of the Valley pips


Another storage box


The peas survived the frost the other night


Daffodils and Alpine Bells


Buds on


Himself's Twig


A fly enjoying the dandelion


Himself making a potato plot


Sad mountain laurel. When we first moved here, the entire street was bordered with mountain laurel. Beautiful blooms that start out pink and turn white. Someone on the town Facebook page mentioned a blight has wiped out the plants.


A new battery in the anemometer and Harvey is back to forecasting the weather.


I was hoping this sprig was from the Japanese Maple so I could give it to the Nephew.  Plant Net identified it as a Red Maple. Too bad it will have to be uprooted.


Welcome May


And Himself's Birthday month


Beltane Eve sunset. Happy Beltane

How does your garden grow?

27 comments:

  1. I like the chaos of the yard and garden in this post. Weeds and things still needing to be taken care of. That's how my garden is looking now, plus I still have some leaves to rake. I should probably go out and do that soon, get it out of the way! Have a great May day CJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the look of a wild, natural garden. Mine certainly qualifies

      Delete
  2. Happy May Day! I sometimes miss my caravan garden but then I see from this the number of jobs that always need doing - maybe not so much yearning now! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😸Yes, a lot of work to keep a garden. I'm glad it's not my hobby, but Himself's pasttime

      Delete
  3. Pearshapedchris - I see I am coming up as being anonymous???!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have to be logged into your Google account. Not sure. I've been hearing others are having problems leaving comments, too

      Delete
  4. Happy Soon To Be Birthday My Man - Lovely Shots From Around The Garden - Well Done

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring! Happy Beltane :) (I love the wild violets.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. There are two colors, white and purple.

      Delete
  6. You and Himself are busy in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Himself is busy in the garden. I just take the photos😸

      Delete
  7. It's nice to see things growing again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice to see things growing again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like himself has his work cut out for him. I somehow doubt the little princess will be going through all those items for the greenhouse!!

    I would LOVE a red maple. Too bad it can't live in your garden or your nephew's for that matter.

    Smart idea on the cords.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Little Princess doesn't like to garden. I wish you lived closer. I know the red maple would have a good home with you

      Delete
  10. first that sprig, japanese maple - i saw the same type of budding around the trail yesterday and took a photo of it but had no idea what it was. I think it's the same as your photo. I always like seeing how the garden is growing and what you are adding to it - those solar panels - good idea for what you need charged. i keep meaning to post photos of my oldest son's garden up in Washington. It is amazing and I can only dream to have something like that. Soon those trees of yours will be filled with leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see photos of your son's garden. Yup, leaves will pop probably in the next week or two. The pollen from the trees has been brutal.

      Delete
    2. I'll post some on my main blog today. i could "live' in his garden.

      Delete
  11. Our garden got a decent amount of rain today, I'm sure I can hear the plants and flowers singing ... LOL

    Happy May Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your garden is looking good. I still haven't done anything here, shame on me! Hope you get all the sun and rain you need! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like your garden is coming along very nicely. Our is stuttering a little, but it will get there. It always does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We seem to be a bit behind, but I think this week things will suddenly be popping

      Delete
  14. Spring has sprung and your garden is looking fabulous! Happy Birthday month to your hubby 😁. Take care! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete