Monday, May 2, 2022

Second on the Second - Sticky Journal Pages

 

From May 17, 2011:

Some of my journal pages that were painted with tube acrylics were sticking together. Not happy. An online search to the problem turned out to be using Dorland's Wax Medium or Turtle Wax. Not having either of those items on hand, and too lazy and cheap to go out to buy them, I tried an even simpler solution to the problem. I rubbed a white candle (unlit, of course) over the sticky pages and buffed with a soft cloth. Ta Da! It worked. Bet if I used a scented candle it would make the pages smell purty.

It's your turn to play. From Elizabeth: Now it's time to share your Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable.  Join hosts Bleubeard and Elizabeth to see what else is being served up the Second Time Around.

24 comments:

  1. That's a good trick for sticky pages, must tryit, thanks! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the solution and scented candles! I´ll join, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't use a scented candle, but if you do, your pages will not stick but will smell pretty, too

      Delete
  3. That's a super idea CJ. I was once told that 2 shiny dried paints will stick together, like 2 acrylic pages. I've never tried using wax, but I still some waxed paper between them when I store them. I like the candle idea. Have a great start of the week and hopefully you don't get a lot of rain. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that about acrylic pages so it came as a shock. The candle wax worked well

      Delete
  4. I used to host a lot of swaps. Some people used Mod Podge. If it was summer, the pages would stick together in a blob. Wish I had known this secret in the past. Thanks for this great trick as your second look on the 2nd this month, CJ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only one thing to say to this......BRILLIANT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only recently started to do ArtJournal pages and haven't had that problem.. but i do live in TX ... its a DRY heat...lol But this is a good thing to know... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a surprise when it happened, but this took care of the issue

      Delete
  8. Burning scented candles are too aromatic for me: I find the odor overwhelming. This sounds like a better way to enjoy the scent.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't burned candles in decades. I didn't want an open flame around Ink who liked to knock stuff off the tables. Quill seems to enjoy the same pasttime so no burning candles. Scented or unscented

      Delete
  9. cali N quill if yur mom wooda rubbed thoz pagez witha fresh bloo gil... it wooda done de same thing AND yez inn deed de pagez wood smellz grate !! ;) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a good tip :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an interesting solution to the sticky page problem. Thanks for sharing the second look.

    ReplyDelete