Tuesday, September 6, 2022

T Stands for My Birthday Dinner



For my birthday at the end of July, Himself and I celebrated at the UxLocale Restaurant. It wasn't beastly hot or humid so we dined al fresco. I started with a glass of Prosecco


We ordered the beautifully plated antipasto so we wouldn't have to order side salads. (The antipasto was large enough to serve 4 so in August when we took my Brother and his wife to celebrate our anniversaries, we ordered it again. )


For my entrée, I ordered spaghetti with sausage in vodka sauce.

 Himself had the Peachy Keen Prosciutto. (White base pizza with fresh farm peaches, prosciutto, goat cheese, caramelized onions, thinly sliced scallions, and fermented garlic honey.) Now most Italians cringe at the thought of fruit on pizza, namely Hawaiian Pizza (pineapple and ham). So I looked at Himself as if he had 4 heads that were all out of their minds when he ordered the pizza.

Chef Elaine is Italian and I was trying not to be cringey or judgmental when the pizza was brought out. Himself declared it was delicious and said I had to try a slice. So I was a little bit like the guy in Green Eggs and Ham (I do not like Green Eggs and Ham. I do not like them, Sam-I-Am.) But I took a bite and Wow! It was really, really good most likely because the ham was Italian prosciutto. 😉


Himself had pistachio and chocolate gelato and I had Almond coconut macaroons for dessert. So pretty. I also had a spoonful of gelato.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

30 comments:

  1. What a beautiful birthday/anniversary dinner.. It all looks ssooo good CJ! Yeah not a fan of Hawaiian pizza either.. But like you i have never tasted it.. just turned my nose up at it.. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy celebrations to you! All those foods look yummy.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a great birthday dinner with HUGE portions, wow! Happy T Day, Valerie
    Is your well well again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Restaurants here always seem to have huge portions. Which means extra to take home and on cooking the next day. Yes, the well was repaired about a half an hour after the tech arrived. We are well again

      Delete
  4. Looks yummy! Glad you had a good time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I've never had fruit on pizza. I'd be willing to try it but am unwilling to order it ;) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy. Have a beautiful day. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy late birthday and anniversary, CJ. The food looks scrumptious and fun. I can't believe there is not peach pizza around here is I live right next to peach country (Chilton County, Alabama). I want to try it. The desserts look sooooo good. Fun post. Happy T-day. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't see my comment post so I am tring again. Great looking food and dessert and happy birthday and anniversary, CJ. Many hugz and happy T-day. Hoping this is not a duplicate comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday. From the start, you got a lovely order, beginning with the antipasta. Your spaghetti looks wonderful, even though I am more a white sauce lover. Not a fan of coconut, so your husband's gelato sounds better to me. I see more than one drink in your post today, so will say how happy I am to have you take us with you on your birthday bash for T this Tuesday, dear CJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Himself is not a fan of coconut so I get to indulge when we go out. The other beverage was Himself's Coke

      Delete
  10. A very belated happy birthday - you celebrated in style. good way to start with Prosecco. Your food looks delicious, especially the dessert. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The macaroons are low-carb, and gluten-free as they are made with almond flour. I like them because they are coconut

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. It was and awesome leftovers and no cooking the day after!

      Delete
  12. Happy belated birthday! That sounds like a great restaurant, that antipasti looks delicious as does the dessert - yum yum I could eat that right now lol but it's bedtime so probably best not. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The restaurant is our favorite special occasion spot

      Delete
  13. Happy Birthday! we have similar posts and food! Yours for your birthday and ours for our anniversary. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm prosecco! And vodka sauce? Interesting!!!
    It´s 05:48 a.m. and you make me all hungry!
    Ummm. love Hawaiian Pizza, too. Or Toast Hawaii, hmmm.

    Green Eggs and Ham I´ll watch in a break! Sounds funny!

    Happy belated B- and T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Green Eggs and Ham" by Dr. Seuss was the very first book I learned to read all by myself

      Delete
  15. Boy this looks yummy. Especially that antipasto. That could be a meal in itself. It might only be 6:18 here in Nevada but I could go for some now. I hope all is well back in MA. And that you had a nice T day and week ahead. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were surprised how big the antipasto was. You're up early! We got some much needed rain. Fortunately not heavy and flooding rain like they had in Rhode Island. Enjoy your trip!

      Delete