Thursday, November 3, 2022

A Look Back

 A look back on this day in 2012. I was participating in the National November Journal  Month (create a journal page each day for the month of November) and posting the journal page I had created the day before, 2. November. Little did I know that a year later both my parents would join these family and friends that passed through the veil.


2. November

Halloween, Samhain, All Souls, Day of the Dead are all festivals that honor those that have passed on.

Do Not Stand Over My Grave and Weep by Mary Elizabeth Frye

Do not stand over my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain
When you waken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight
I am the soft stars that shine at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there. I did not die

Sparkling watercolors, F. W. Acrylic black ink, Nikko G nib.

23 comments:

  1. I spent the day at UMASS Med Center yesterday as they originally thought my mom had a stroke. Now they think she has a post-covid infection. I'm still waiting to hear more as they had cultures they needed to do. I like your way of remembering all those loved ones who had passed. Enjoy this lovely November weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she's doing better.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE that poem CJ! Thank you for that! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely way to remember your loved ones. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will look back at photos and it will occur to me how blessed I was in that moment captured in that photo and didn't even realize it. A great reminder to appreciate every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks for sharing that poem ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great photo! That poem is a comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful-sad work, from both of you.
    Sounds like a good way to remember our loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous way to pay homage to your parents and those others you lost.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful tribute and a lovely way to remember loved ones 😊. It's important to remember and celebrate their life, I had a little tear in my eye when I saw this post with my dad passing last year. Take care and sending you hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a tear, too, thinking about my parents and they passed away 9 years ago.

      Delete
  10. As we get older more and more people we used to know die. So _many_ of them. It's good to remember the happy days.

    ReplyDelete