Tuesday, November 1, 2022

T Stands For Happy Mail

A couple of weeks ago, Deb from Learning 2 Just Breathe posted she had finished a project. She had found some meditating skeletons, painted them, and mounted them on a wooden base. The Zen Skelly could hold a tea candle or it could be used as a brush/pen rest. Deb ended up with a couple of extra Skellys so she offered one to me.


Postal tracking indicated the package would arrive on Halloween, but it arrived on Friday. Purrfect 🐈‍⬛


Everything packed all nice and neat. Since he was easier to pack and ship separated from his base, that's how he arrived. Deb told me I could glue him to the base and suggested using E6000 glue.


Even though I have the low odor E6000, Skelly Zen is stable with a piece of museum putty stuck to his very flat bottom.  I swapped out the tea light for a container that will hold gouache. Skelly fits in with all the other desk buddies and settled right into his job holding pens. I sipped my tea in my Halloween mug and admired how good he looks.


I get enough blank stares around here so I added a pair of baby blue crystals to his eye sockets. So handsome.

Thank you so much, Deb. Skelly Zen is awesome and just makes me smile.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.


32 comments:

  1. Fabulous skelly, enjoy! Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great Halloween desk buddy ;-DD
    I wish you a wonderful November!
    All the best from Austria and Happy T-Day,
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/10/lebenszeichen-herbstimpressionen.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little skelly buddy!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. He makes you smile the way Godzilla makes ME smile!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Godzilla makes me smile, too. He holds my man pen

      Delete
  5. Well don't those crystals just look fabulous! I'm so glad you like him CJ. AND he arrived in one piece! Happy happy T day!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was very well packaged. Not a mark on him or the box. Thanks again, Deb.

      Delete
  6. Fabulous and smelly zen is wonderful! I'm glad he's on your crafting desk rather than mine though - eek 😊. Those crystal blue eyes were a great spooky addition too. Loving your Halloween mug, the black cat it so cute! Happy November and T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That skeleton definitely has attitude, him and his baby blues :)

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy you got one of Deb's art pieces. She is amazing. Have a very nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a great day when I have such fun tools to work with

      Delete
  9. I love how skelly zen fits in so nicely with Godzilla and your black cat. I love that each is so clever, yet are all functional, too. I believe form follows function. LOVE your Halloween mug, too. Thanks for sharing your new skellly with us, as well as your tea, for T this Tuesday, dear CJ.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice gift. It holds your pen very nicely, and looks great on your desk. Hope it was a great T day and you didn't get a lot of rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a mostly cloudy day. A perfect day for creating art

      Delete
  11. A great skeleton. Love the gems.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like he will fit in well with the rest of the buddies. lol blank stare, Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. sorry I am late for T our fiber all went down-phone-internet-tv late monday night just got hooked back up. so playing catch up now
    Oh wow awesome gift from Deb, she makes amazing art for sure. Looks like this found a perfect home Hugs from the lake Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a hassle when everything goes down as we're so dependent on the technology. Glad you're back up and running

      Delete
  14. Glad to see your Happy Mail. It is a great gift and Skelly Zen is winderful. Thanks for sharing with us. Happy belated T day and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete