Friday, February 16, 2018

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. When I was in Pennsylvania, Himself recorded on the DVR some old movies. He recorded one of my favorites. Mighty Joe Young (1949).

2. Since Himself was teaching, I asked The Eldest if she wanted to Skype with me and we could have dinner together. Skype gave us a few problems so we ended up talking on the phone like it was meant to be used.

3. In honor of almost Spring Training for the Boston Red Sox, watched another old movie, Kill The Umpire,(1950) starring William Bendix. Neither of us had seen this movie before and it was hilarious.

4. Valentine's Day and I entertained gentlemen. So much more exciting to phrase it that way instead of hung around while the painters prepped and painted all the rooms in the house.

5. Himself called to say he was going to stop at Kelly's Roast Beef in Framingham to pick up some lunch on his way home. Wanted to know if I wanted something. I decided to get an order of fried clams so I could pretend it was summer. Turns out, Kelly's closed the Framingham location 😲 So, Himself stopped at Harry's in Westboro.

How was your week?

15 comments:

  1. My week was crazy busy and too intense. BUT I went to a hockey game on Valentine's Day which was a lot of fun. Sounds like you had a good week, and too bad Kelly's wasn't open. They have good clams. :) I feel like I have gotten behind on my recorded TV shows this week as we've been watching the Olympics. Now I need to do some catching up. have a great Friday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, with the long weekend, you'll have time to binge some of your recorded programs. Are you off the rest of the week for February vacation, too?

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great week! It's lovely to stay nice and warm during the winter watching old movies 😁. I bet you had fun chatting to your eldest too, hope she is settling in to her new home well! I've been having problems with Skype of late so tried Facebook Video Chat instead and it was really easy to use and the connection seemed much better too 😀. Happy Friday and wishing you a lovely weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a nice visit. We tried another chat client that The Young One suggested, but the Eldest gets too frustrated with tech so we had to drop that idea and just talk on the telephone.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good week, even if some things didn't go to plan. Skype can sometimes be problematic, but I still like using it. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun week. You make even mundane things sound interesting and often hilarious. LOVED how you entertained on Valentine's Day. I spent the day hugging the toilet over something I ate the night before. So, your day was much more enjoyable than mine.

    Even though the Eldest and you didn't use Skype, you still had a good talk and could spend time together eating and talking. I'm sure you both realize how much she misses you already (or is it the other way around?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor you, I hope you're feeling better.

      I think we both miss each other.

      Delete
  5. Your #4 actually made me LOL!!!! - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. another good week!I love that movie too! have not watched it in so long.
    Really like the idea of having dinner over skype...
    Been unpacking and setting things up in my bedroom, just about finished:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the painting is going well! Were you able to eat and talk, while on the phone with your eldest? Actually, doing Skype and having dinner together, was a good idea! Too bad it didn't work out! Kill the Umpire, sounds funny! Glad you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete