Saturday, July 27, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


Inherit the Wind (1960) Spencer Tracy, Fredric March

If you haven't seen this movie, it's available for rent on YouTube.

19 comments:

  1. I've heard of this movie but I don't think I've ever seen it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a dramatization of the Scopes Monkey Trial of 1925, a teacher put on trial for teaching evolution in his classroom.

      Delete
  2. I like this one, although I admit I haven't seen it in years. I remember as we covered it in high school too. But Spencer Tracey is a great actor. One of my vintage favorites. Happy Saturday. Enjoy this gorgeous day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting, but I haven't seen it. Have a great weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Indeed, thought I have to be in a mood to watch a thinking movie

      Delete
  5. Being from TN I find this whole story embarrassing, and I'll just hang my head in shame. I have seen and enjoyed the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow another onen I've never seen - I never weatched many movies when i was younger. Especially at 10 years or so. Maybe I will put this on a list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though it has been decades since I saw this movie, still remember it well. Good actors. Good message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the story still holds up after all this time.

      Delete
  8. I've never even heard of this one, but I am familiar with the Scopes Trial. I read history, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't know this one …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete