Saturday, April 4, 2020

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

  This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


The Pride of the Yankees (1942) Gary Cooper

If you haven't seen this movie, you might be able to find it for free on YouTube.


25 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it, along with a a few thousand others....Have a fun day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might've seen this a long time ago. Thank your for sharing the link for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your happy easter background CJ we need smiles where ever we can see them Love the actor, I may have seen this one Happy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not seen this one, thanks for the recommendation! Happy Saturday 😀. Keep well! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie is about Lou Gehrig who was a baseball player for the Yankees during through the 1920s and 1930s. He was forced to give up his baseball career when diagnosed with Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. ALS and the disease became known as Lou Gehrig's Disease

      Delete
  5. Great share.I have never watched this one but will surely have a look.Thank you for sharing.Stay safe and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like this movie. Gary Cooper gives an outstanding performance.

      Delete
  6. Another good one! Gary Cooper is always good to watch! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get to Gehrig's speech and then I'm not crying your crying. 😺

      Delete
  7. I haven't seen this but am familiar with it. It won a lot of awards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a classic if you ever cross paths with it.

      Delete
  8. Another Beauty From The 40's

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know anything about this film. I haven't even heard of it. Add another one to the list of movies to check out one day! Enjoy the rest of your weekend CJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a version of Yankee baseball player, Lou Gehrig's story

      Delete
  10. Not one I've seen …
    Hope your weekend has been ok.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another one I've never seen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never heard of or seen this one before. Oh well!!! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never heard or seen this one! At least now, I can watch some of these movies! LOL!

    ReplyDelete