Thursday, April 2, 2020

Gratitude and a Prayer

Monday, I mentioned I put out a garden kite to St. Jude as a personal intention. Today, or when it stops raining I'll put out another of my iconography garden kites to the Archangel Raphael, patron of doctors, nurses, and health care workers.



A year ago, the Eldest was laid off from her job as a lab technician. She went on unemployment, and had many interviews, but nothing panned out. About a month ago, she took a job in a call center for a cabinet company. Not what she wanted, but it paid enough to pay her bills. So Jude had answered part of my prayer. That the Eldest finds a job.

Now at the same time that she interviewed for the cabinet company, she also had interviewed with two hospitals. One gave her the brush, but the second said they were interested.

In the meantime, she had the job at the call center until the stay at home advisories and essential services were announced. After their shift they were sent home and told that the company was trying to figure out what they were going to do. That was on a Thursday. She thought she would have to apply for unemployment again. On Sunday she was called and informed she could work from home. 

A day or two later, the lab manager called and offered her the position, and the second part of my intention was answered. Not only a job, but one where she would be happy. There were still eyes to dot and tees to cross. Drug and TB test, background check, fingerprinting. She waited until the end of the week before she gave her notice. The drug and TB tests have been done. She has an appointment for getting fingerprinted. Because of all the chaos, she's not certain when she will begin.

So in her honor, the garden kite to the Archangel Raphael. Ora Pro Eis. Pray for them. The doctors, nurses, and other healthcare workers.

22 comments:

  1. Fingerprints to get a job?! A drug test, too? Wow. Nothing like thet here (yet) - fingers and toes crossed for a good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has the job as a lab technician in a hospital This is part of the hospital's security procedures.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful garden kite, and a great story, well done to your daughter for getting the job. Must be a big relief for you all! Stay safe, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A relief that she has the job that she likes doing and will be paid well, but anxious as she will now be on the front line during the pandemic

      Delete
  3. Hurrah for the eldest to get her job situation out of the hole, so to speak. So many people are out of work, it is good for teaching online to stay employed for your husband also. (And me too actually). Love the new flag. In these scary times we need all the help we can get. Stay safe. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm happy for her because it took her a almost a year of being unemployed and job hunting to find this job.

      Delete
  4. I thought the pandemic might 'help' her with something in a hospital. I'm glad (and anxious) for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had told her the same thing that the pandemic would work in her favor. And also it's easier to get a job when you have one. Thanks for thinking of her

      Delete
  5. Happy days for you and your daughter! Thanks for sharing the good news. And I love that garden kite:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to her and glad your prayers have been answered. So happy for her. Your flag may have psychologically answered your prayer. This is a beauty.

    When I did my internship at AT&T in Omaha (they made cable boxes) I had to submit to a drug test and a physical. I don't think I had to submit to fingerprinting, and I don't know what was included in the physical, but it was extensive and confidential. And I was just an INTERN who wasn't really an employee of the company. That was 1994. I can only imagine the restrictions after 9/11 and now. Living in the age of corona virus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the St. Jude flag when she said the hospital was interested in her and the Archangel Raphael when she told me she accepted the job offer. I didn't want to make things too soon or talk about it as I thought I might jinx her chances. 😺

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! and always praises for St. Jude :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow good news about her getting a job she was probably meant for. hope it all works out well for her. I like the idea of your flags.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like the kite/flag, and thanks for sharing the good news.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. CJ, what a beautiful post! I am so happy for your daughter! I love your kite! Sending prayers out to all! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete