Saturday, April 18, 2020

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies


This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:



The Right Stuff (1983) Ed Harris, Scott Glenn

If you haven't seen this movie, it's available for rent on YouTube

22 comments:

  1. Yet another film I don't know....have a happy weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not seen this one, it looks like quite the adventure 😁. Happy Saturday! Stay safe and well! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is about the start of the space program and choosing the first 7 astronauts to be in the Mercury program

      Delete
  3. Don't know the film but Ed Harris is a name I know :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one. This is a great space film and even better, I know this week's movie. Hope you aren't getting too much snow. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got a good 6 inches of pasty, wet snow. Seems to be letting up. Did you get snow?

      Delete
  5. I don't think I saw this one, but it looks good.

    I hope your snow melts tomorrow. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this and enjoyed it. I remember when the historic events happened, and it was interesting to read how close they managed to get in the film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I remember the excitement of the Mercury 7 when I was a kid. And we all chewed Beemens gum because Chuck Yeager did

      Delete
  7. Don't remember this one, but probably should. We did not get any snow in my area but some of PA did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not familiar with this one-Happy Saturday and weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I saw this film and I think I liked it! LOL! Hope you are well CJ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I saw the title, I was sure I had seen it, since I thought I had seen every NASA inspired film made. However, after the first few seconds of seeing the trailer, I realized I have not seen this one.

    ReplyDelete