Monday, April 27, 2020

Happy Mail


M from Coloring Camp (aka Enders Island) sent me a postcard from her stash. This is the prison from Stephen King's novella and later movie, The Shawshank Redemption. Though the story takes place in Maine, the movie was filmed at the Ohio State Reformatory (according to Wikipedia)


On the message/address side of the post card is this humorous tag. The architecture looks remarkably similar to my parochial elementary school. So, no, thanks, M. I did my time.


M also used a postcard stamp. I found Nemo!


Nan sent me a cute Easter card and decorated envelope. I love the little chickie.

Always nice to get mail that isn't junk or a bill. Thanks to both of you.

28 comments:

  1. That's a fun postcard, strange about the resemblance to your school! Lovely stamp, too. Happy mail is much nicer than the usual garbage in the box. Have a fun day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. The wish you were here prison card really cracked me up

      Delete
  3. Wonderous mail.
    You already did time. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come to think of it my first elementary school looked eerily like a prison too! .....interesting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I don't even check mail any more. Real mail has been rare for years now,

    "Wish you were here" lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun - nice mail. I liked that movie and recently saw it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool is that? Very historic I do believe. And the stamp, I used to collect those as a kid. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never into stamps or coins. Though I love stamps now for mail art

      Delete
  8. Cool blue postcard. I don't know if the prison in THomaston is open any more. But I remember the joke in college was if we were bad we might end up there. Course that was way before KIng's story and movie came out. Maybe the joke was round when he was in school too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prison building was razed in 2002 and all that's there is a field according to Wikiepedia

      Delete
  9. Oh, LOL, help!!! Sorry, you made me laugh with your school and time done like in a prison.
    Cute bunnies, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! We were plaid uniforms! And some of those nuns were strict!

      Delete
  10. You had me at "Happy Mail." So nice to see a happy post:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I apparently missed this. Happy mail is always fun. You got two beautiful ones. OK, one beautiful and one rather funny one. At least it wasn't a bill for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice to receive happy mail :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete