Sunday, December 13, 2020

How Does Your Garden Grow?

 Backwards photos, again.

Just as I was going in, I found the vinca had bloomed


Still lots of snow in the backyard


Most of the snow gone from the front yard. Just in time for another big snowstorm predicted mid-week.


Decorations at the mailbox


Himself decorated the window boxes


I had to bring in the anemometer as the weather station isn't registering outside temps or windspeed. We think the button battery either got wet or just gave out. Now to find another battery


Bunny tracks


The storm last week brought down a branch from the spruce out front. I thought it was a branch. It turns out the branch was the size of a Christmas tree. Good thing there was snow on the ground to help me drag it up back after I removed some branches for the window boxes.


Christmas tree, candles, creepy Frosty and creepy Santa in the window.


The snow limned the trees making them look like a stand of birch


Early morning moon

How does your garden grow?



18 comments:

  1. Himself did a really good job on the window boxes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trees are all lined with snow.. Snow is coming down alternately heavy and light.. a little rain.. and sleet.. but in one word .. beautiful! Best snow we've had in 4 years i hear... A walk in the snow later.. shhhh.. haven't told hubby yet.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're expecting a big storm Wed - Thur. I'm not as enthusiastic as you

      Delete
  3. Lucky you to have so melt! I am jealous. And maybe this week's storm will go out to see way south of New England! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it goes so far South that we don't get a single flurry.

      Delete
  4. It all looks good with the snow and decorations. Keep warm, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow on the flowers! The outdoor decorations look great. Ugh on the size of that "branch" that fell. Great photo of the trees: they do look like birch trees with that snow clinging to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love birches but they aren’t hardy enough to stand up to Winters here

      Delete
  6. Not the dreaded snow, I hope that you stayed warm - brrrr! The Christmas tree in the window with the warm glow of the lights looks so beautiful - love it! Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised how pretty the tree looks at night.

      Delete
  7. I like your Christmas decorations! I'm glad no one got injured with that big branch!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, fell in an area where there were no cars and no one out and about.

      Delete
  8. Brrr!!! I do like your Christmas decorations in that snowy setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome to come here and house sit while I go to warmer climes for the Winter as we're waiting for another 12 - 18+ of snow today 😺

      Delete
  9. i like the view outside looking at your window.

    ReplyDelete