Saturday, December 19, 2020

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order my favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Today, a double feature:


Going My Way (1944) Bing Crosby, Barry Fitzgerald


The Bells of St. Mary's (1945) Bing Crosby, Ingrid Bergman

If you haven't seen these movies, you can find them for rent on YouTube. The Bells of St. Mary's is free on the Roku Channel.

11 comments:

  1. It sounds like You-Tube is going the way of Hulu. First they suck you in with lots of freebies, then put a few films behind their pay wall, then eventually, everything will be behind a pay wall. Regardless, I think these sound like great Christmas films, but I'm waiting for Die Hard to show up again this year (grin).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's either lure and make you pay or load the show with tons of commercials that stretch a 2 hr. movie to 3. We already watched Die Hard, Die Hard 2, and Die Hard 3 (my favorite). Yippee ki yay! 😉

      Delete
  2. Two classics for the holiday season! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have actually seen the bells of St Mary's! Have a lovely evening, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's two weeks in a row! That must be some record 😺

      Delete
  4. I especially love Bells of St. Mary's. We have it on dvd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a sweet story. I especially love the First Graders' Christmas play

      Delete
  5. I saw the bells of St. Mary's years ago. It was a good one. I don't know the Bing Crosby film though. Thanks for a Saturday double feature. It was a good movie day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bells of St. Mary is a sequel of sorts to Going My Way. Crosby plays the same character in both, Father O'Malley

      Delete
  6. I think I remember my mom telling me about the Bells of St. Mary. Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete