Sunday, December 20, 2020

How Does Your Garden Grow?

 

Red sky in the morning, sailor take warning


At the height of the storm. Across the street, look how the wind was whipping New Prissy's flag.


Gave proof through the night that our mailbox was still there. (parody of the National Anthem)


The Mourning Doves were cuddling to keep warm, but I missed the shot.


Moose's first big snowstorm. The broom marks where the tomato cage to protect the downspout from snow blowers and shovels. It's also used to brush snow from the car. Moose is so big and tall, and I'm not. I had to use the roof rake to reach Moose's roof.


The new, snow plow guy plowed the driveway, but either didn't hear plow in front of the mailbox or he didn't want to. So that had to be shoveled by hand. 🤬


Done for the first day. A good 10 inches. Less than the 18+ inches of snow that was predicted. At least the weather dudes called this right for my area (10 -18+ inches of snow). They got it totally wrong in Vermont where my SIL lives. Forecast for their area was 12 - 18 inches. No plus. They went to bed Wednesday night and woke up Thursday morning to 45 inches of snow. 45 inches is almost 4 feet! In one snowstorm! They couldn't open the front door to get out of the house! 


In your storm prep, do you raise your windshield wipers or not? 


Bird tracks look like Cuneiform on the second day of shoveling.


Bunny tracks


Bunny and Timex (chipmunk) tracks



Path to the oil fill cap


Bird tracks running around in circles. Made me laugh


Path to the front bird feeder.


After all that shoveling, Weather Kitty said go inside and have a cup of tea.


Only 6 more sleeps 'til Christmas

How does your garden grow?

19 comments:

  1. WOW! Now that's what I call a lot of white stuff! As much as I love fall, I hate winter. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good gracious. All kinds of white stuff. Weather kitty had the right idea;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. That was near the high for the day. I was going to go out earlier, but it was 11 outside.

      Delete
  4. Wow! I can't even imagine! It's raining here and 42 with a high predicted of 51.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that's allot of snow to clear off. and the other 4 feet that's scary indeed. stay warm hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even imagine 4 feet of snow at once. Bad enough when we get 2 feet.

      Delete
  6. wow you had a lot of snow but wow even more about your sister getting 4 feet. We have possibly snow predicted Christmas through New Years and I'm hoping that does n't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What A Winter Wonderland - So Beautiful - Lovely Little Bunny Tracks - Thats Always A Score - Stay Warm - Keep Smiling - Happy Holidays

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not so wonderful when you're out shoveling 😺

      Delete
  8. My garden looks similar to yours. Just a bit more snow. Of course we were still white before this one. Can you image 45 inches of snow in one storm? We were right on the edge of that heavy snow cell that came through. It should be a white Christmas even with the end of the warm up. Good or bad, winter has arrived. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t imagine 45 inches. That’s twice as much as we got from the Blizzard of 1978! We’re expecting heavy rain for Christmas and then a deep freeze. After the Solstice we’re halfway through the dark of Winter

      Delete
  9. Wow, that is a lot of snow CJ! I leave my wind shield wipers up! I'm sorry about all the snow your SIL got! I love seeing all the tracks! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete