Thursday, March 18, 2021

Cards

 The month of March provided two opportunities to make holiday cards and to use up scraps of paper from the scrap box


For the Girlies to celebrate Pi Day. Paper strips, a picture of a pie I had baked, and a picture of an apple go together in easy layers for the front of the card.


Inside sentiment


My friend, Anne, always sends me a St. Patrick's Day card which amuses me to no end as I'm only Irish by an accident of marriage. Though perhaps, everyone is a little bit Irish on St. Patrick's Day. Holiday themed scrapbook paper made an easy card front.


Inside: Happy St. Patrick's Day written in the Irish


And the envelope with a steal-worthy design from Jean’s blog, adapted for St. Patrick’s Day.

24 comments:

  1. EVERYONE is Irish on Paddy's day! Hope you had a good one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I cooked a corned beef, not bad for an Italian girl. I baked Irish soda bread and rye bread. We had dinner and watched The Quiet Man with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara

      Delete
  2. Nice cards. I love your Gaelic calligraphy. Hope you don't get snow tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them both!!! The writing is so beautiful! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards and wonderful script. Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous PI card, such fun! Your St. Patrick's Day happy mail is beautiful too and I hope you had fun celebrating ๐Ÿ˜. Take care and happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree: we're all Irish on St. Patrick's Day :) Fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your girls are going to have so many memories from the things you make and send to them. Nice cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. A play on the Christmas ornament my dad gave them. An apple with some bites out of it. You are the apple of my eye.

      Delete
  9. Somehow I missed this. Both cards are wonderful. Love the calligraphy, too.

    ReplyDelete