Tuesday, March 2, 2021

T Stands for a Two-fer

 

Self-Portrait

Originally from 2010, a Friday Five list of favorite teas to be seen the second time around.


Coffee drinkers in search for the perfect cup, won't find their brew here. This week's five: favorite tea flavors.

I'm a tea drinker from way back. I remember having my first cup of tea at my Auntie's house. The tea was more milk and hot water than tea, but at 10 years old I felt very grown up. The tea ritual is not so much in the sipping, but in the sharing gossip, problems, advice, and laughs.

I've tried flavors of loose tea, but since I'm the only one around here who drinks tea, loose tea seems such a waste of time to brew for one cup. Easier to plop a bag in a cup of water and nuke it. I average 4 cups of tea per day. 

1. Tetley, the brew of choice for every day. I find it to be robust especially if steeped longer than 4 min. which I've been known to do.

2. Celestial Seasoning's Morning Thunder. Sometimes called Gunpowder tea. Very potent.All the fun of coffee without the jitters.  As I recall there was  a picture of a bull on the front of the box. This was my morning blend when I worked at Marquette Cement a zillion years ago. Haven't seen this tea on the shelves in a very long time.

3. Twinings Earl Grey. Love the smell of the bergamot.

4. Twinings French Vanilla. Good for a comfort cup. A good substitute is a Splenda Vanilla for coffee packet in a cup of good ol' Tetley.  I find myself reaching for this more and more especially in the morning.

5. Chai.  The Young One enjoys this too. The only tea she will drink. For a special treat we'll stop at Barnes and Noble. At home, we drink Tazo Organic Chai, a gift from The Eldest.

Oh, and I have to add one tea flavor I really detest, Sweet Tea. Gag.

Are you a tea drinker? Do you have a favorite flavor or blend?

And two additions to update this post to 2021. The blend of choice for everyday is Twinings English Breakfast tea. I have found Celestial Seasonsings Morning Thunder at my local grocery store.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

It's your turn to play. From Elizabeth: Now it's time to share your Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable.  Join hosts Bleubeard and Elizabeth to see what else is being served up the Second Time Around.

37 comments:

  1. I haven't drunk tea for years. The English drink their tea really strong with milk. The only tea I will drink is Chai, but I prefer Chai with rooibos. It's less harsh. Otherwise I drink a lot of herbal infusions, and rooibos combinations. I love licorice tea and anything with fennel or anise in it.
    And of course no sugar.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Licorice tea is so good and being Italian I grew up eating anise flavored cookies. Yummy!

      Delete
  2. This is a great second look that goes well with T this Tuesday. I remember you telling us about that Morning Thunder, too. I'm not actually much of a tea drinker, but when I do, I actually prefer loose leaf tea. But if I were drinking it 24/7 like I drink coffee, I would probably go for tea bag tea, too.

    Thanks so much for creating this two-fer of T Tuesday and as your second look this month, too, dear CJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loose tea, but it just seems so involved for just one person

      Delete
  3. Morning Thunder sounds yummy!
    Yups, tea drinker, and, too, the only one, Hubby goes for coffee. One of my favs is licorice. And lemon-orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Thunder is black tea and maté. Good and strong

      Delete
  4. I only drink Tea at home but English Breakfast Tea with milk, I can't drink the herbal or any other, I've tried them but can't drink black tea at all. I never drink tea in a cafe unless I'm in England as they never boil the water hot enough to mash the tea. I love the coffee they make in Spain though, Cafe con leche.
    Happy T Day
    Jan S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a coffee drinker as I think it's too bitter, but I love the smell of coffee

      Delete
  5. The Celestial Seasonings company led the way in a trend that's never stopped: first a counterculture trend that people do at home and in their own gardens. Second a little company that meets that need without overarching greed. Then a mainstream company acquires the little company and it's seen in every supermarket (but still has the hand-made look to the packaging). Now that's ordinary commercial life!

    be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Twinings Earl Grey and English Breakfast I've tried and liked. Bigelow Constant Comment tea is my favorite tea for daytime and Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea for night.

    Being from the South, I grew up with sweet tea. I don't add sugar now. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this tea post. Nice choices. I wish Celestial Seasons still made their strawberry tea. I can't find it and it was a great after dinner slightly sweet drink. Stay warm today. This wind is insane! And happy T day as well as March 2 also. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fragrance of tea, the look of tea but when I drink it my stomach goes into pain mode. I have even tried decaf tea. It just doesn't agree with me. Glad you can appreciate it. Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We bought a new pitcher to make our (gasp) sweet tea.....it has an infuser insert. It works much better than bags but I'm still looking for a good loose tea. I can't seem to make it strong enough....comes out like sweet (but not TOO sweet) brown water. :-/ (Best iced tea I ever had was from Selmon's restaurant but sadly they went out of business or I would go ask what they use. First world problems are a bitch!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love tea! My favourite blend for breakfast is Cinnamon Orange Tea, then for during the day Ceylon Tea, Assam Tea or Gunpowder Green Tea. We drink our teas black with no milk or sugar, and we buy all these as loose leaf tea 😀. Take care and Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cinnamon orange is like Constant Comment and because my MIL drank it in the afternoon, I never thought of it as a morning tea. Maybe something new to try tomorrow morning, I like my tea with Half n Half and Stevia sweetener. I can drink it without the milk/cream, but have to have the sweetener

      Delete
  11. Although I MUST start my morning with coffee I am a tea drinker after that many days. My fave is chamomile in the evening but during the day it can be green tea, Tulsi tea, lemon ginger, or yes, a chai tea. All without caffeine though:). Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tulsi sounds like a nice choice for these trying times.

      Delete
  12. Loved reading about your firsts experience with tea.
    I am a tea drinker and I have many favorite flavors but if I have to choose one, I guess my favorite would be fruity pebbles by Tiesta Tea. Very delicious green tea with chunks of fruit.
    A few of your choices sound yummy to me, Twinings French vanilla and the chai.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fruity pebbles tea sounds fun, and I bet it tastes great iced.

      Delete
  13. I've never been a tea drinker but enjoyed reading about the teas you like.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post CJ! Mint tea and green tea are my favourites! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun post to read. (Teddy isn't sure he likes the bear reference...) When it's Christmas time, I enjoy peppermint tea. I also like Chamomile tea, to help me fall asleep at night. Lipton tea is good, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first thought was what bear reference? Oh, the ATC 😺 Sorry, Teddy, but you guys are noted for attitude. I never think of drinking chamomile tea after I've stayed up late!

      Delete
  16. No, this is a foreign language to me! I can't drink tea - I the an intolerance that makes me ill! Coffee - of course!! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Foreign language, made me laugh. I am sorry for the stomach intolerance. That's what happens to me when I drink coffee.

      Delete
  17. Wonderful post.
    My go to drink is a cup of tea.
    For everyday I like Yorkshire Tea :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve had that blend. Found it in a Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I bought it because I liked the packaging with the lambs/sheep

      Delete